Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WYOMING Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WYOMING Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Wyoming - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:44 PM

Does anyone know how the whole transfer/intake process works in Wy? My husband just got transferred from county and I don't know how all of this works. And if and when I will be able to talk to him. Any info world help.

Hi my husband just got transferred from county jail and I've not been told where he is going or anything. I'm pretty sure he has to go through the intake process in Torrington first. I was wondering how long that generally takes and if he will be able to call me. And help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by patchouli; 08-01-2016 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 separate OP posts into one OP.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCollins View Post
Does anyone know how the whole transfer/intake process works in Wy? My husband just got transferred from county and I don't know how all of this works. And if and when I will be able to talk to him. Any info world help.
Typically, in most states,he will not be able to call while in reception. Wyoming requires an approved call list, so there will be no calls until that is approved. You can call the facility to find out if he can write in reception.

The April 2017 edition of PTO Quarterly is now available.