Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ALASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Alaska - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Phones, News & Information, etc.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 10:39 PM
.::leona::.'s Avatar
.::leona::. .::leona::. is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Alaska, US
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Default Telephone Assessment for treatment in Alaska?


My LO is incarcerated on an island in Alaska and there are no services for him to be assessed for whether or not he needs treatment if he's released on electronic monitoring. Unfortunately, the PO has decided that this is the only thing barring him from being released on EM. Since the application was denied he will get sent to Wasilla and that is incredibly far away from his family, son, and friends.

To cut to the chase, I'm trying to find out if it's possible for him to be assessed via phone. I've been calling and googling all day with no luck so far.

Thanks for any tips.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2016, 08:36 AM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is online now
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 38,338
Thanks: 38,581
Thanked 31,377 Times in 14,493 Posts

I can't answer your questions, but we do have a member who I believe may be able to address the issue...I'm not sure when she'll be online, so keep checking for replies

Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:04 AM
chosenmemories's Avatar
chosenmemories chosenmemories is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona/Alaska
Posts: 611
Thanks: 1,015
Thanked 670 Times in 276 Posts

Hi Leona,

Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question, but I would suggest emailing administration with your issue directly and perhaps they can direct you to someone who can help, or answer your question. I have emailed the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent, etc. right down the line when issues arise and they have been very responsive. If you go to the Alaska DOC website you can find email address for the staff members and administration members you need. Sometimes emailing is faster than calling and getting transferred around.

There will be a lot of facility transfers happening in the next few months due to the closing of Palmer. My husband is at Goose Creek Correctional in Wasilla and I can attest to the hardship it is to visit out there, especially for families coming from far out. If your loved one is minimum he may be going to the Farm which I hear is pretty nice, but still quite far for visiting.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chosenmemories For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-15-2016)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HCV treatment, WA state-How do you fight the system to give them treatment celestialangel Hepatitis C 2 07-30-2003 05:31 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics