Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:47 PM

Exclamation Brother placed in High security but assigned low! We're in Connecticut

Can someone give me information on what either of us can do. We are in Connecticut. My brother was sentenced to 180 days for his second DUI. He was assigned level 2 which is low security. He has no other record or violations or affiliationl. He was placed into level 4 security which is violent offenders, rapists and people with long sentences. He is in a cell with a violent offender who must wear a special color uniform due to repeated violence. He must spend 22 hours a day locked in a cell with him. He has been there 3 weeks and he doesnt even know who his councelor is. There are constant fights and repeated lock downs. I dont think he will make it if he isnt moved soon. I have spent many hours online and i cant find any information. This forum really is my last chance. He is at corrigan. I am afraid to call there and make things worse for him. I called anonymously and the guard yelled at me said dont call again and hung up. I didnt make accusation i just tried to ask a questionQ! Please if anyone knows something contact me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2016, 05:02 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,526 Times in 12,430 Posts

Looking at Connecticut's DOC page, I found this info:

Offender Classification and Population Management

1151 East Street South
Suffield, CT 06078
Phone: (860) 292-3412
Fax: (860) 292-3422
Directions.

Director: David Maiga

This unit coordinates overall offender classification efforts and is responsible for the assignment of all offender movement throughout the entire infrastructure of the department.

http://www.ct.gov/doc/cwp/view.asp?a=1503&q=265550

It sure doesn't sound like your brother should be there.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by patchouli; 08-01-2016 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: left word out
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Thanks i will check it out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadtrip1975 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-01-2016), patchouli (08-01-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 11:10 PM

Default It is temporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip1975 View Post
Can someone give me information on what either of us can do. We are in Connecticut. My brother was sentenced to 180 days for his second DUI. He was assigned level 2 which is low security. He has no other record or violations or affiliationl. He was placed into level 4 security which is violent offenders, rapists and people with long sentences. He is in a cell with a violent offender who must wear a special color uniform due to repeated violence. He must spend 22 hours a day locked in a cell with him. He has been there 3 weeks and he doesnt even know who his councelor is. There are constant fights and repeated lock downs. I dont think he will make it if he isnt moved soon. I have spent many hours online and i cant find any information. This forum really is my last chance. He is at corrigan. I am afraid to call there and make things worse for him. I called anonymously and the guard yelled at me said dont call again and hung up. I didnt make accusation i just tried to ask a questionQ! Please if anyone knows something contact me.
Hopefully your brother has already been moved. I was released from Ct DOC for the same offense. Once convicted, the inmate is placed in a county facility for classification. During this period, all inmates are housed in a level 4 facility. This is only temporary. Once a bed opens up he will most likely be transferred to a facility for the duration of his time. Several CT prisons offer a DUI home confinement course. Depending on the details of his case, he may qualify for this program. If he does qualify for the program, his total stay will likely be around 60 days give or take. I found the program somewhat helpful, but I benefited most from nightly AA meetings in the dorm. Feel free to let me know if you would like more information.