Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:00 AM

Unhappy Keeping my head up!

Hey guys! Well heres my story. Me and my fiance have known eachother since i was 16 he was 24. We fell in love then but age was a huge factor. I was still in highschool he was a man. We went our seperate ways. I never forgot about him he says he always thought about me. When he was 24 he got sentenced to prison for 10 years. Like i said before we went different ways i knew what had happened but i lived my life. I had a beautiful daughter who he looks forward to adopting when he comes home. He loves her to pieces. Well we got back in touch when he came home. Our love never faded dont ask me how. He has to be my soulmate. Well i moved back to our area. We moved in together it was amazing. We had eachother again...well parole was great with us moving in together unfortunatly they violated him. I only moved back here to be with him. Now im lost. My best friend taken away...im heartbroken to say the least. Well my family and i arent close nor would i tell them what im going through. His family and me were ok till he went back to jail. Now we dont speak. It unfortunate but both him and i are ok with it. So here i am alone but hanging tough. He was sentenced to 24 months he has been in 6 so far and thats county. Both him and i cant wait till he leaves broome county jail and goes to elmira for reception and then wherever will be his home foe the next 18 months. I appreciate you reading this anything you can tell me about elmira or heck if ya just wanna talk. I have no one to talk to anything to make me not feel alone would be great. Take care! I look forward to chatting.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingandqueentog View Post
Hey guys! Well heres my story. Me and my fiance have known eachother since i was 16 he was 24. We fell in love then but age was a huge factor. I was still in highschool he was a man. We went our seperate ways. I never forgot about him he says he always thought about me. When he was 24 he got sentenced to prison for 10 years. Like i said before we went different ways i knew what had happened but i lived my life. I had a beautiful daughter who he looks forward to adopting when he comes home. He loves her to pieces. Well we got back in touch when he came home. Our love never faded dont ask me how. He has to be my soulmate. Well i moved back to our area. We moved in together it was amazing. We had eachother again...well parole was great with us moving in together unfortunatly they violated him. I only moved back here to be with him. Now im lost. My best friend taken away...im heartbroken to say the least. Well my family and i arent close nor would i tell them what im going through. His family and me were ok till he went back to jail. Now we dont speak. It unfortunate but both him and i are ok with it. So here i am alone but hanging tough. He was sentenced to 24 months he has been in 6 so far and thats county. Both him and i cant wait till he leaves broome county jail and goes to elmira for reception and then wherever will be his home foe the next 18 months. I appreciate you reading this anything you can tell me about elmira or heck if ya just wanna talk. I have no one to talk to anything to make me not feel alone would be great. Take care! I look forward to chatting.
Welcome. My man is in a nys prison for a violation as well. Was this your mans first violation? 24 months is a long violation I'm sorry. You will get through it and once he gets out of county and makes it to his prison it should get a little easier as long as he isn't sent too far away from you. If he goes to a medium facility you should be able to talk to him frequently and hopefully if he isn't too far you'll be able to visit. I miss my man a lot and it's bee a rough road for me but I'm making it one day at a time and so will you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Iimas For This Useful Post:
Kingandqueentog (10-29-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 07:17 AM

Unhappy

County is the worst 24 months is a long time he was drunk...i enabled him to drink i allowed it but parole also knew he is an alcoholic and needed help and they did nothing.....i feel cheated kind of...he made decisions that night got another charge and he was already a violent felon...a new charge and drinking....i knew they were not gonna just say go to rehab and revoke and restore.....so now ive lost everything my home....him...our income...and im living in this motel lonely and i know hes gonna call soon but i couldnt even figure anything out to put money on the phone for the weekend....the only thing he wanted....deff not feeling like that good soon to be wife ya know....im sure ill figure it out today....just missing him and i need mybest friend. I deff feel like im losing it ya know. I love him to the point i would switch places with him in a heartbeat he can do this better then me!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
County is the worst 24 months is a long time he was drunk...i enabled him to drink i allowed it but parole also knew he is an alcoholic and needed help and they did nothing.....i feel cheated kind of...he made decisions that night got another charge and he was already a violent felon...a new charge and drinking....i knew they were not gonna just say go to rehab and revoke and restore.....so now ive lost everything my home....him...our income...and im living in this motel lonely and i know hes gonna call soon but i couldnt even figure anything out to put money on the phone for the weekend....the only thing he wanted....deff not feeling like that good soon to be wife ya know....im sure ill figure it out today....just missing him and i need mybest friend. I deff feel like im losing it ya know. I love him to the point i would switch places with him in a heartbeat he can do this better then me!
You have your child to care for so you need to focus on that. Parole isn't set up to help rehabilitate felons. They dot offer support its not like that but I wish it was. I think if it was more of a support system there would be less violations. The parole officer gives the parolee rules to follow then checks up to make sure they are following the rules- break the rules then you go back to prison. That sucks his crime was violent. He will go to s max. At least the max prisons have visits daily. Since he's in county you should've able to just accept his call and did money when you accept the call. It's the same company you'll use once he gets to prison too but the calls are much cheaper in prison.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:32 AM

Unhappy

If it wasnt for her i dont know where id be but i know shes hurting to ya know shes nine and it kills me shes sees me cry but shes the one thing out of all of this turmoil can make me smile. And the phone yea i had to set up the prepaid account with gtl advance pay and the monies gone on that so its just figuring it out today so he can hear my voice. Just putting money on it i cant wait for the cheaper phone calls. He knows im strong and i dont give up....thank god my daughter has that trait shes ike her momma.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:48 AM

I know it's hard but maybe rather than put money on the phone put money together to get a place for you and your daughter. In the meantime you can write to your man.i know that's probably not what you want to hear but you need a home not a motel and he's going to need a stable place to Parole to when he gets out.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:57 AM

You know i agree with you 100%. I know what i gotta do its just getting up and telling myself im strong and i got this.i lived so many years without him ya know and i feel like i gotta figure out how to live without him for right now...i know he loves me but i dont think e realizes sometimes what im going through out here. I know the phone thing yea he will be mad but i guesa he will be mad in his cell....or he will or wont get over....of course i try my best to provide him with what needs. I do my best and if my best aint good enough i dont know what to tell him....you just helped me so much i got my fire back i got this i will make it and he will be proud when he comes home.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You know i agree with you 100%. I know what i gotta do its just getting up and telling myself im strong and i got this.i lived so many years without him ya know and i feel like i gotta figure out how to live without him for right now...i know he loves me but i dont think e realizes sometimes what im going through out here. I know the phone thing yea he will be mad but i guesa he will be mad in his cell....or he will or wont get over....of course i try my best to provide him with what needs. I do my best and if my best aint good enough i dont know what to tell him....you just helped me so much i got my fire back i got this i will make it and he will be proud when he comes home.
You are not alone. When my man was sent back I was devastated but I had to move on get it together. We have to hold it down out here for our family and trust that they will be ok. He's done time before and so he'll be fine and you are no good to him if you aren't stable out here anyway. Once you get into a groove without him you will be fine. I won't say it gets easier because for me it's never easy I just learned how to deal with life without him. I know we have our love and even if we argue our love hasn't faded and that's what matters
Old 10-29-2016, 09:16 AM

Im at the point i k i gotta do...not only for myself that little girl who loves unconditionally and loves him as well unconditionally.....when hes not her dad and she knows that but she doesnt care she considers him her dad...i owe it to her and so does he owe it to her to show her no matter what we go through lace up your boots keep it moving keep your head held high....its an easy thing to forget in this situation....when we found eachother again after so long and that love didnt fade we have been through alot i look back at all the fights they made our relationship stronger i hate that we gotta go through this but hes sober and i hope he can take some classes or something and come home and we can be the family that we deserve....ya know i dont know what its like to have that addiction to alcohol that you just let everything go. I know we make it through this he comes home to us. There will be no alcohol in ou house under any circumstance because im not gon a no right away if he can look at alcohol and not drink he takes one sip we all have to ride that ride again and that ride sucks