Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Default New Jersey Carpool/Rideshare/Transportation Thread (Notices Only)

Hello Everyone, at visit I saw some woman in a cab and I was just thinking I could use all the good karma I can get right now with a parole hearing approaching

So I would like to offer a rideshare, I live in Jersey City so it would be up to you to get here or get to the path station in Journal Square I leave on Saturdays at 7am. To go to the 9:00 visit. In exchange some gas or tolls would be nice, but it would also be great to be able to talk to someone in a similar situation.

Keep your head up everyone this too shall pass!

Alex
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,555 Posts

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.

• Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
• You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
• Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
• If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
• Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
• Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Finally, have a safe journey and enjoy your visits.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
counting the days!

Wow its been a long time since people wrote on this thread...Im trying to look into information on rides to sscf i forget what compound right now but he's in unit 12 @ the last entrance (3rd on ur left) im pretty sure its compound B but the other statements are on point. Ive seen him twice since he's been at SSCF bc i dont have the money to pay for my car and its too far that most people give me problems about driving me. it sucks and its sad. I always see a van there w some people from union county i believe. Anybody know how that van runs? And any chance people pass through somerset county, nj? Fill me in please i miss my baby. This is my first time reaching out online xx
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 PM

Default Ride shares or alternatives to SWSP

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong section. Sorry in advance. I am trying to figure out if there is some way (other than NJTransit) to get to south woods state prison? With this weather and my 95 Toyota I just don't know if I'll make it there and back. My honey's sister and I are currently looking into options, as I don't mind driving and neither of us mind forking over money.
I think I read somewhere that ther was a service that left from Newark? I'm in union/middlesex counties often and can take a train or get dropped of there. I believe he will know if his list was approved this week... However I'm not sure with these two snow days the prison had smh!

If it helps he is in fac 3 62L no clue what that means

Thank you all in advance Stay warm loves!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmythug2much View Post
Wow its been a long time since people wrote on this thread...Im trying to look into information on rides to sscf i forget what compound right now but he's in unit 12 @ the last entrance (3rd on ur left) im pretty sure its compound B but the other statements are on point. Ive seen him twice since he's been at SSCF bc i dont have the money to pay for my car and its too far that most people give me problems about driving me. it sucks and its sad. I always see a van there w some people from union county i believe. Anybody know how that van runs? And any chance people pass through somerset county, nj? Fill me in please i miss my baby. This is my first time reaching out online xx

hey girl they do have a bus that comes from newark and i know it goes through new brunswick thats by somerset... i know how it feels love im from jersey city and they moved my husband first to bordentown then to sscf it was so hard to get to see him i went once a month.. now i moved back in with my momss and my homegirls man is there too in 10r and my mans in 9r and they on compound b...so is ur man if hes in 12 hes on compond b .... so now im able to see him every weekend... also hes comin home june 2 just waiting to see parole at my house so they can approve my home ....

i wish u all the best of luck hun keep your head up <3
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 AM

Do you have any specifics of the bus that goes through New Brunswick?
I have two friends from that area in need of transportation to Southern State.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingroyalswife* View Post
hey girl they do have a bus that comes from newark and i know it goes through new brunswick thats by somerset... i know how it feels love im from jersey city and they moved my husband first to bordentown then to sscf it was so hard to get to see him i went once a month.. now i moved back in with my momss and my homegirls man is there too in 10r and my mans in 9r and they on compound b...so is ur man if hes in 12 hes on compond b .... so now im able to see him every weekend... also hes comin home june 2 just waiting to see parole at my house so they can approve my home ....

i wish u all the best of luck hun keep your head up <3
Old 04-30-2014, 12:08 PM

Default NJ PRISON RIDES (Bayside, SSCF, SWSP)

Offering rides to Bayside Prison, Southern State Correctional Facility and South Woods State Prison Saturday and Sunday. We offer pickups. $50 round trip. Please call or email me to reserve transport. We have a passenger van so we can fit 12 to 14 people. 908-875-3558
The Following User Says Thank You to traycc76 For This Useful Post:
ParentsLove (05-15-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,536 Times in 13,758 Posts

PTO Disclaimer & Advisory Regarding Transportation/Van Services to Prisons:

PTO and its Administrators do not endorse, recommend, research & review, nor guarantee any transportation services that appear on this site.

Members should be aware that they use these transportation services at their own risk. Members are responsible for ensuring that the operator is insured and the vehicle is roadworthy and legal.

Be aware that private transportation services are generally operated without business or transportation license, which may or may not be required by their local municipality or state.

PTO and its Administrators will not be held liable for any claims or damages that may arise due to accident, injury, missed schedules or monetary dispute.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Rayzwife

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycc76 View Post
Offering rides to Bayside Prison, Southern State Correctional Facility and South Woods State Prison Saturday and Sunday. We offer pickups. $50 round trip. Please call or email me to reserve transport. We have a passenger van so we can fit 12 to 14 people. 908-875-3558
Sheesh I could've used this a few months ago.Any rides to Northern State
Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 PM

I might need a ride to swsp in a few weeks
Old 06-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Anyone else available to help me with a ride to swsp? Still looking. Im in ocean county.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 AM

Definitely let us know how the van ride worked out. Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysbff View Post
Anyone else available to help me with a ride to swsp? Still looking. Im in ocean county.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 AM

I will let you all know. But right now they are waiting to get more people in for this to fill up the van more. So anyone else needing a ride please contact the one who is offering. I can't always get myself there because my car is broken and last time, my first visit i used a friends car. Im trying to visit again this month the 28th pm visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joeysbff For This Useful Post:
ParentsLove (06-05-2014)
Old 06-08-2014, 12:32 PM

Default making a trip to swsp the 28th pm visit..anyone in ocean county need a lift

Hey so I know it's hard sometimes for some of us to see our loved one's. I found out I can borrow my friends car for June 28th. I go to the pm visit. I can bring someone with me or a couple of people. I smoke, and listen to music. Don't mind stopping for bathroom breaks, coffee etc. Message me if you need a ride. I can pick you up in ocean county, someplace close to me. Brick, toms river, point pleasant, seaside area's. Let me know where you are located. Just pitch in for gas. I like to be on the road to head down by 9:00 a.m.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 PM

Default New Jersey Carpool/Rideshare Thread (Notices Only)

I am in Monmouth County and my man is in Hudson County. I am trying to get up there for Monday visits... Anyone that has a car and wants to car pool let me know.. I haven't seen him in two months.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Default i have room for one more to sscf

I have room for one more to sscf this wkend April 4th and 5th. I am coming from north Jersey' renting car and hotel room. Must be drug free. This is a long ride. I'm visiting gang minimum. Visits are Saturday 12:30 and Sunday 8:30. Split of gas, tools, and room. I will cover cost of car rental. Anyone interested I will check back periodically. If I ever saw a post like this I'd be in heaven. I'm a normal 33 year old, if you live on the way to sscf I'd pick you up.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:53 AM
LIVE WITH PASSION

Hello,

SO im coming all the way from New York.. Do you know if there is any bus transportation or car service that picks you up?
Old 04-09-2015, 10:55 AM
LIVE WITH PASSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParentsLove View Post
Do you have any specifics of the bus that goes through New Brunswick?
I have two friends from that area in need of transportation to Southern State.
Thanks
HEllo,

DO you know if that service is still available from NewWark to SSCF
Old 06-07-2015, 02:18 AM

Is there any transportation that goes to
Albert C. Wagner Youth Correctional Facility
Old 03-01-2016, 08:34 PM

Default Offer still stand

Hello my name is chyna and I wanted to see if your offer on the ride to yardville still good. Please let me know soon I'm trying to go sent brother , he just got move there and my car just got ruined.
Thank you I appreciate it
Old 07-15-2016, 01:06 PM

Default Transportaion to bayside

Hey. I am loking ofr any services or anyone riding to bayside state prison i will pay or share costs of travel. Any information will be greatly appreciated
Old 11-03-2016, 05:59 PM

Default Bayside ride share needed

Hello I need a ride to bayside state to see my Fiance i am able to pay car fare. I live in camden.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:10 AM

Default Looking for someone who is visting Jones Farm!

Hey, I reside in Union County and looking to visit my bf on Jones Farm. I wanted to see if anyone from around my way goes down there to visit? I also have a daughter I would like to take to see him for the first time in 10 months. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2017, 02:17 PM

Can u please let me know what do I need to do to get a ride to southwood state prison for Sunday 3/26/17 & what Time do I need to be there to go for the visit

Hello I'm new & I'm in desperate need of help with transportation to southwood state prison does anyone know of any transportation to southwood state prison? It's extremely urgent please let me know if anyone knows of any transportation

Last edited by patchouli; 03-25-2017 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts rather than removing one
Old 03-25-2017, 04:33 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,536 Times in 13,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisapagan View Post
Can u please let me know what do I need to do to get a ride to southwood state prison for Sunday 3/26/17 & what Time do I need to be there to go for the visit
lisapagan, try sending a private message. Just click on their user name to send a pm. I hope you are able to find a ride! Welcome to PTO!