Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Minnesota prisons.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Lino Lake TRIAD????

My husband is in TRIAD at Lino Lakes. I am sooo very frustrated with how the therapists are getting away with how they conduct this so called therapy/treatment. What is having inmates tell on other inmates about petty crap helping??? Also I think it's terrible that if an inmate tries to talk to their therapist they'll turn around and use that against them. If you know someone or have a loved one in TRIAD you know what I'm talking about. There's alot more petty stuff and its just rediculous.This is just making my husband more stressed and angry and makes it hard for him to focus on what he needs to really be doing there.

Is there anything we can do? I know no one wants to hear the voice of an inmate complaining so I think it's time we make that voice for them. These therapists are playing with people's lives and time away from their families and I don't know if they think it's ok because they're inmates or what but this is just not right.

Is anyone going through this same situation??? If so what are you doing or have done to make this better???

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!!! and sorry for such a long message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Default Triad

I "failed to complete" the TRIAD program in 2002... and 4 months later in 2003. Back then, if you quit or kicked out, it was considered a failure. They hit you with a disciple, and took 90 days good time from you. And I was a mandate for drug treatment. So 90 days after they kicked me out, they put me back in it. This time when I failed, I lost 150 days, (which I later got back).

That's how they'd run their little control game. But the big motivator for the state is that DOC recieves up to $30,000.00 in federal money per inmate. Of which they get $17,500.00 one a guy is assigned whether he completes or not.

Yes, that whole telling on each other, actually filling out a program disciplinary form called a "pull up." I hope your man does alright... but they do seem to set people up to fail.

Tell your old man he can't beat them because it's the DOC... Department of Corruption, a family owned and operated business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fixxergee For This Useful Post:
ALA (06-08-2011), Lillmomma78 (06-11-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Thanks for your reply. He's still in the program 4 months in. He is sooo stressed about all the day to day stuff and telling it's rediculous!!! But now with the possible Government shut down Triad will be closed down if it happens so they are all just waiting to see what happens. But thanks for the info my hubby feels the same way it is a complete set up to fail. He was not even mandated by the court to have to do treatment the DOC made him do it.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:38 AM

Default Sounds like boot camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxergee View Post
I "failed to complete" the TRIAD program in 2002... and 4 months later in 2003. Back then, if you quit or kicked out, it was considered a failure. They hit you with a disciple, and took 90 days good time from you. And I was a mandate for drug treatment. So 90 days after they kicked me out, they put me back in it. This time when I failed, I lost 150 days, (which I later got back).

That's how they'd run their little control game. But the big motivator for the state is that DOC recieves up to $30,000.00 in federal money per inmate. Of which they get $17,500.00 one a guy is assigned whether he completes or not.

Yes, that whole telling on each other, actually filling out a program disciplinary form called a "pull up." I hope your man does alright... but they do seem to set people up to fail.

Tell your old man he can't beat them because it's the DOC... Department of Corruption, a family owned and operated business.
Sounds the same way willow river runs their boot camp. Petty stuff.have to suck it up and then get out.i had no idea they received that much $$$ for one prisoner. Prisons are big money makers