Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Member Introductions Michigan Members and those affected by the Michigan prison system - please introduce yourself here!

Old 11-17-2016, 12:49 PM

Unhappy Im New, Hes at RGC! HELP!

Well, Im new to this. So let me tell you about our story. My boyfriend was sentenced to prison on a probation violation out of Livingston county. And let me tell you it was a nightmare. A Man who has been clean 3 years from alcohol, wrongfully did 30 days in county back in January 2016 for fees that they said wernt paid, yet had been paid in full 10 months Prior to his supossed violation. Gets 8 times a month Drops added to his requirements from the court, on top of having to maintain employment and go to classes every monday. Well after 8 long months of complying as good as we could with the courts orders, he gets violated by his PO for missing drops. Well, when you work 6-7 days a week 12-14 hours a day its kind of hard to make it to drop in a 2 hour time window they give you. Needless to say he got violated, and had spent the last 30 days in Livingston county jail. He was sentenced to 17 months (510 Days) with 476 days served. WHAT??!! How does this work just exactly? 34 days in Prison? They also gave no objections to SAI Bootcamp. Which I was told is 90 days. I guess I have a few questions, this being all new to me.

How do you get sentenced to 34 days in Prison?
When will he see the parole board?
Is he coming home from RGC?
Are they going to make him go to Bootcamp?

Im so lost right now, this is so different from County Jail.
Any info anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note:

He is not upset with their decision. He was completly getting screwed around in everyway possible in livingston county. Now that this has happened, we will not have to deal with there jail, judge or probation EVER AGAIN! I know it sounds silly, But we would rather deal with Parole in our Home county of Genesee, Then deal with that place ever again. So in the long run, he will be away for a little while, but can eventually get him home and move on with our lives.

Hard part for me is, Im a single mom of a 10 year old little boy. He also has a 10 year old little boy who I have been continueing to build a relationship with. He was the main provider in our household, I worked part time. We just got a new car, Just moved to a new house (Much More expensive) And just got a new puppy. Now hes gone, and Im stuck out here all alone with no family or friends for support. Everything got dumped on me and Im freaking out! Im trying to remain calm for his sake, but I feel like im drowning. I cry everyday because I miss him so much. I blame myself alot for not working more hours to help him out so he didnt have to work so much, and could have made more of his pointless drops. And other times I just feel Numb. He just got shipped to RGC Yesterday morning. I dont know what to expect. I know I have began to write letters, and plan on sending him pictures and puzzles of such to keep him occupied. But I really need advice.
Phone
Money
Visits

I dont know what Im doing. Any help with info would be a blessing.

Thank You so much for listening to me rant, and getting my story of my chest.

Sincerely a concerned Girlfriend!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Banned

This maybe will help with a few questions. Others I have no idea.

He wasn't sentenced to 34 days, he was sentenced to 510 days and received credit for all but a few weeks of that.

Unsure of why he would see parole board. He was locked up on a probation violation and is so close to release, it would not make sense to go through parole process.

In most places, the failure to produce a sample is treated as a failed test.

As for the financial strain, you possibly can get a month's deferred payment on the mortgage if you contact the lender. If they don't know about the problem before it becomes a problem, they likely will be less willing to work with you.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Default Im so confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdub View Post
This maybe will help with a few questions. Others I have no idea.

He wasn't sentenced to 34 days, he was sentenced to 510 days and received credit for all but a few weeks of that.

Unsure of why he would see parole board. He was locked up on a probation violation and is so close to release, it would not make sense to go through parole process.

In most places, the failure to produce a sample is treated as a failed test.

As for the financial strain, you possibly can get a month's deferred payment on the mortgage if you contact the lender. If they don't know about the problem before it becomes a problem, they likely will be less willing to work with you.
Will he finish his minimum sentence and come home?
Old 11-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,569 Times in 9,462 Posts

Did he have a lawyer? If so, he should ask them all of your questions.

If he is released to even more "probation or parole", then he will have to live with all of the restrictions for as long as that portion of his sentence lasts, which could result in even more PVs and prison time.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:04 AM

he is done with probation. When he comes home now he will be on parole in a different county.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:58 AM

YAY!!! I finally got a phone call! He was taken there on Wednesday morning I got a call Saturday Morning. Pfew! I have never been so excited to hear his voice. He told me not to worry about commissary right now, Even though I already put $20. in it. He just wants to be able to call me. He said all the times in there change. He said there is no consistency at all. Its driving him nuts because he likes things to happen on a schedule. But other then that he is doing ok. Freaking out about me a little bit, but I assured him I was ok and out here waiting for him. God it felt good to hear his voice. I cant stress that enough. I used Pigeonly to send him photos. He is very excited to get them. He said he misses my face. He still hasn't talked to Parole, or to anyone from SAI. Someone in there told him he might have to do the Bridges program. Ugh I sure hope not. LOL Anyways I will keep everyone posted on how its going. Thanks for listening to me rant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bmaricle22 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-19-2016), sprits (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 11:44 AM

They won't take him into Sai because he has such a short time left. And because of the nature of his crime. As far as the bridges program I'm not to sure. Once he is classified they will let him know what classes he will have to do.