Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE > Live Free or Die Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Live Free or Die Lounge The New Hampshire forum's lounge... general chit-chat and things unrelated to the New Hampshire prison system go here!

Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,409 Times in 3,156 Posts
Default Thanksgiving...

'Thanksgiving Day’

Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day when we should take a moment and just look back at all the good things we should be thankful for. It should also bring to mind even those smallest of things that we simply don’t think about at any other time of the year.

Sometimes many of us over-look and/or take for granted; running water and electricity, never-mind the Internet! We live in a modern society that has all the conveniences that would make even the most powerful Kings in the past envy. It’s not that we are Ungrateful, we’re not!!! I believe instead that we as human beings are at times Forgetful, which is more likely the reason.

Looking back we can and do find; new-birth and renewal, graduations and celebrations, moments of wisdom and moments of hope. When I wrote ‘Dreams’, my mind was deep in thought with those many moments of thankfulness for past/pleasant memories of which I unfortunately forgotten about or had left in what I call; “Considerate Neglect”. It has been obvious to me that most of us have this tendency to leave that which we are thankful for in “Considerate Neglect”, until we come to this day, a day of many thankful-remembrances, a day of which we call;”Thanksgiving”.
So once again, let’s make this Holiday a day to celebrate both the large and the small with thankfulness and joy.

"Dreams of past/pleasant memories, gives us hope and dreams for more".

Another important part about this day is the Family connection. I bet you thought I was going to say the Turkey! Well it’s that too of course! I’d be lying to you if I said that I didn’t love to sit down to a well proportioned Turkey Dinner Table, bring it on!!! But there is something very spiritual and very powerful about the annual Family gathering on this day.

It’s November; a bringing to the table the year's harvest of accomplishments no matter how large or how small that each of us has made for the year. It’s also a good time for family members to touch one another with love and w/encouragement. It’s also been said that; “The Nation as a whole; is only as strong as her family unity”. Those are powerful words, it implies that an entire Nation could actually fall as the result of division/discord and the erosion (breakdown) of family connections & unity. As a Nation of families, I think it’s important we remember that!

As most know happiness comes from within, it’s one of the many bi-products of Hope we have. It seems odd to me how easily it can be to get caught up in work & forget that life is much more than just some sense of duty and/or responsibility. There's nothing wrong with that, however life as a whole should also be about Living and Loving with Faith & in Hope.

Without those four familiar words in our lives then we may as well just go ahead and “eat, drink and be merry (or depressed) for tomorrow we die.” I have to ask myself; what good will it do for any of us in the future if we don’t bring Hope with us today? Or how can we Love in Faith if we don’t Live with Hope? I've found that those four words are un-separable... JMOpinion-

This year I am Thankful to Live in Freedom and for the Freedom to Live with Hope.
Happy Holidays to us all!
Cactus~©

Last edited by Cactus; 11-22-2016 at 11:39 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-23-2016), hamsa (11-23-2016), LifeTraveler (11-23-2016), Sarianna (11-23-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2016, 01:23 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,192 Times in 632 Posts

Thank you for posting this and Happy Thanksgiving!