Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:51 PM

Default Hello

My name is Dee and I met my boyfriend while I was working at the prison he is incarcerated in. I worked there for a short period of time (2 months), but was intrigued by one man who mostly kept to himself, but when we did have occasion to speak, he was obviously very intelligent, as well as funny and kind. A month after I quit, I wrote to him. We fell for each other. He's 19 years in on a 20 to life sentence. Hoping, praying he gets paroled next year. I am ready to start our life together. In the meantime, I am waiting to see if I can get approved to visit him. There's a chance I won't since I am a former GCI employee. I can't believe I fell so hard for him, but I'm glad I did...he brings me so much joy, even from behind electric fences and steel bars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gr8Dogz For This Useful Post:
PamF (05-05-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2016, 05:09 PM

Red face Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dogz View Post
My name is Dee and I met my boyfriend while I was working at the prison he is incarcerated in. I worked there for a short period of time (2 months), but was intrigued by one man who mostly kept to himself, but when we did have occasion to speak, he was obviously very intelligent, as well as funny and kind. A month after I quit, I wrote to him. We fell for each other. He's 19 years in on a 20 to life sentence. Hoping, praying he gets paroled next year. I am ready to start our life together. In the meantime, I am waiting to see if I can get approved to visit him. There's a chance I won't since I am a former GCI employee. I can't believe I fell so hard for him, but I'm glad I did...he brings me so much joy, even from behind electric fences and steel bars.
Hello and Welcome,

I wish you and yours all the best. Our Bit is Almost over! (Again) We have 4 and a Wake-Up! So Excited and Scared as well.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Default Please clarify

What do you mean by "4 and a wake up?"
Old 05-06-2016, 12:27 AM

Default Sorry, about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dogz View Post
What do you mean by "4 and a wake up?"
4 whole days and the day he comes home. That is how we measure time when he is gone. We have been together 13 years and this is his 4th time being locked up. The first one we were just friends, second we were semi-serious, The last time we were a couple and this time we are still together. He went in on a trumped up parole violation. He will be off paper in December, Thank the Lord.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Default You're lucky

You're lucky he will be home soon. I keep thinking about how long it will be until my boyfriend gets out. He may not even get out next year like we hope. Since he's doing time for aggravated murder, they just might keep him for a very long time still. I also think, even if he does get out next year, he's going to be in a different world than he was in before he got locked up 19 years ago. He's never had a driver's license, never held a REAL job for any REAL amount of time....he's going to have a lot of adjusting to go through. And so will I. In many ways it will be like having a kid around instead of a man: I'll have to drive him everywhere, teach him how to use a cell phone, how to really use a computer (not just his tablet), it's going to be weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to his release...it's just going to be very different for both of us...lots of compromising. Also, since we've never been together since we met while I worked at the prison, that will take some adjusting too. Unless I get visitation (which I may not since I'm a former employee), I won't even know what it's like to have a hug from him until he gets out. This is all so crazy. I never meant to get involved with an inmate, but love shows up when it wants to. I feel like God had me take that crappy job just so I could meet my man. I quit after only 2 months, but couldn't stop thinking about the quiet, smart, funny guy I met while I worked there. So I wrote him. And here we now are, 2 people separated by a crime and steel bars. We have so much in common and love to talk to each other and tell each other everything. I just hate not knowing WHEN he's getting out.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM

PTO Moderator 

Welcome to PTO, you will find a lot of support and information here. You should take a look at our MWI forum. I also met my fiancé while he was incarcerate, because of the circumstances of a long distant relationship and other variables, this is one of the hardest but most rewarding relationships ever. I would not change a moment of it.

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"
Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 PM

Hello. My husband is currently at CRC in Orient. He has a two year non mandatory sentence. He has only been gone a month and it feels like forever. I hope this gets easier. I pray he doesn't have to serve the whole term. He has only been in prison for one week, they kept him in county for 3 weeks. He hates the reception status and can't wait to be moved on. Going to read up on judicial release and hope like hell it works. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:12 AM
KBN54

Default I have tons of questions - HELP

Hi - my son has just been sentenced to 5 years as a SO. He was trading computer sticks for a friend who has - surprise - disappeared. He has yet to be transported to Lorain Receiving Center.

Obviously I have a lot of worries and questions, and would love to talk, write, whatever with some Ohio mothers who are in a similar situation. Of course it was a sexual offense and my son has some health issues. And you know as mothers, we never stop worrying.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 PM

Hello, my name is Larissa. My boyfriend has been sentenced to 3 years, still awaiting his transfer to his parent institution. I honestly am extremely lost & do not know what to do. I have a few questions about visitation etc...

Keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts & prayers. It's been a hard 3 months for me and I cannot even imagine what everyone else is going through. Stay positive, stay strong!

Best!

Last edited by Splash92; 11-16-2016 at 08:32 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splash92 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-17-2016), Quetz (12-13-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 10:15 AM

Hello,
I am sorry we are all in this situation. I can answer questions about visiting and other things, just go ask.
My husband was moved to Pickaway after a month at CrC. Let me know what info you need and I'd be glad to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doglover1995 For This Useful Post:
Splash92 (12-14-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM
KBN54

Hi - my name is Kate and my son has been sentenced to five years less time served, so about 4 years. Currently he is at the Lorain Reception Center and totally freaked out. He was charged with tampering with evidence and pandering. He was doing a trade off of a computer stick with another man with CP on it. The whole thing was a sting and off he went - all the way to Ecuador. I just found out that if he had pled out in an adjoining county, he would have gotten 18 months. He will be on the sex offenders registry for 25 years - in the adjoining county he wouldn't have been put on the registry as he never touched, photographed or committed any molestation. But it is what it is. I hope he will come out a stronger man, free of drugs and realizing that his life has changed forever. No matter what happened, he is my son, and I love him dearly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kate Newland For This Useful Post:
Quetz (12-13-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 09:05 PM

PTO Moderator 

I have some knowledge of ODRC as my fiancé is currently at ManCI and I've been riding this time with him for the past 2 years. On a side note I also have experience (because of my son) with MDOC (Michigan DOC). If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"
Old 12-14-2016, 04:54 AM
KBN54

Default Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I have some knowledge of ODRC as my fiancé is currently at ManCI and I've been riding this time with him for the past 2 years. On a side note I also have experience (because of my son) with MDOC (Michigan DOC). If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Thanks I will keep you on my computer. It's still early days for my son with four more years. I know I will have questions. I am so grateful for your offer of support.

Kate
The Following User Says Thank You to Kate Newland For This Useful Post:
Quetz (12-14-2016)
Old 02-18-2017, 09:31 PM

Smile Hello from a Not New Newbie

Howdy everyone. My name is Ann. I used to be active about 10 years ago on here when I was new to the system and I had a friend incarcerated. This was the place for information that I could never find out from institution directly. My friend is in Ross serving a 25 to life sentence for agg murder committed when he was 17. Never been in a trouble a day in his life. Never even skipped school. Got involved in a fight on his street and his friend was being beaten by a gang and he pulled out a gun he had only been carrying for a week because he had been threatened so much living on this street. He was little, always a small kid, so he didn't know how else to protect himself and his mom was no help. Anyway, he drew the weapon and fired and he killed one of the guys who was beating his friend up. It was agg murder because of the time it took to take the gun out and fire, he had time to think, they said, and he could have chosen to not fire, but he did. But, I'm not here to negate the crime, he did it and he's paying for it. I've always been a friend to him and nothing more, it's not realistic for us, but I do what i can to help him. I had a couple of questions about some new things in the system, the JP5 things, but I wanted to come here and say hello and introduce myself before just posting blindly. I had to make a new account, because I had no idea what email I even had at the time to get back into my old account, ha ha! So, hello to everyone and thanks for always being the best place for friendships and information! :-)