Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:58 PM

Default Weekend Jail Time

I was wondering if anyone could help me out understanding exactly how "weekend jail time" is served?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2016, 06:16 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,428 Times in 12,870 Posts

Normal procedure, as I understand it, is for the offender to turn him/herself in at the jail by a certain time on a certain day and be released on a certain day - example: turn self in on Friday, released on Sunday for as many weekends as it takes to complete the sentence. I have heard of "weekenders" doing their off days in jail through the week if that's their work schedule. I'm in KY, so I'm guessing that its somewhat same in NJ.

Welcome to PTO
Old 12-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Normal procedure, as I understand it, is for the offender to turn him/herself in at the jail by a certain time on a certain day and be released on a certain day - example: turn self in on Friday, released on Sunday for as many weekends as it takes to complete the sentence. I have heard of "weekenders" doing their off days in jail through the week if that's their work schedule. I'm in KY, so I'm guessing that its somewhat same in NJ.

Welcome to PTO
Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner. I haven't been on much the last few days. As far as I know weekend jail time is served this way where I live as well. I'd guess it's the same for NJ. I will move your thread to the county jail section of our forum. Hopefully someone will see it that has had experience with weekend jail time in your state. Welcome to Prison Talk. I am glad you found us when you needed us.

Moderator: New Jersey, Juvenile, Prison Activism, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Maryland, Husbands & Boyfriends In Prison

Last edited by Tina; 12-15-2016 at 01:16 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Tina For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-15-2016)