Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Member Introductions Alabama members and those affected by the Alabama prison system only - please introduce yourself here!

Old 12-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Question Husband at Kilby. New to this. Help please.

Hi am looking for anyone with information about how things work at Kilby in 2016. How soon can they receive mail? My husband is in jail there. Is there a waiting period before they can get mail? I signed up here in 2006 when a boyfriend was in jail. He soon broke up with me for another woman he met through the jail system. I never posted. So this is my first time even posting. Please tell me any information you can about Kilby and how things work there. I read different places online that this is a medical intake place. Does that mean he won't stay there?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2016, 08:03 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,022 Times in 12,196 Posts

I can't answer your questions specifically about Kilby, but he should be able to receive mail. It may take few days for him to call, depending on their procedure in Alabama prisons, but if he has writing materials he should be able to send and receive snail mail
Old 12-17-2016, 09:12 AM

Default Kilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielovebutton View Post
Hi am looking for anyone with information about how things work at Kilby in 2016. How soon can they receive mail? My husband is in jail there. Is there a waiting period before they can get mail? I signed up here in 2006 when a boyfriend was in jail. He soon broke up with me for another woman he met through the jail system. I never posted. So this is my first time even posting. Please tell me any information you can about Kilby and how things work there. I read different places online that this is a medical intake place. Does that mean he won't stay there?
Kilby is medical intake. Most likely he will not stay there. He will be transferred to another facility. My fiancé was at kilby for 2 weeks before they transferred him. Basically they prepare them for life behind bars. They also do all medical evaluations there. The evaluations will help determine which camp he goes to (and charges). I've heard that men with major medical problems usually stay at kilby. My fiancé wanted to stay at kilby. He said that most of the COs were laid back and respectful. He is at easterling right now, he hates it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red980008 For This Useful Post:
frostwoman1954 (12-17-2016)