Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW MEXICO > New Mexico Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Mexico Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New Mexico should be posted here.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:41 AM

Default Maximum penalty for absconding parole in New Mexico

I absconded parole in nm with 26 days left on parole I know it sounds dumb but I had to now I wanna know what Is the maximum penalty they can give me
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2016, 07:37 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,990 Times in 12,176 Posts

I'm not familiar with New Mexico statutes on absconding...provided it isn't a new felony charge, all you'll owe is the 26 days. Your PO may not have absconded you at the 26 day mark though, so it may be =/- a few days. Parole stopped when your PO noted that you absconded as I understand it.

Welcome to PTO!

EDIT: From NM statutes:

D. A prisoner for whose return a warrant has been issued shall, if it is found that the warrant cannot be served, be a fugitive from justice. If it appears that he has violated the provisions of his release, the board shall determine whether the time from the date of the violation to the date of his arrest, or any part of it, shall be counted as time served under the sentence.

http://law.justia.com/codes/new-mexi...tion-31-21-14/

Last edited by patchouli; 12-29-2016 at 07:52 AM..