Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Needin Info b4 go Bananas

Exclamation Intro--TeedyTee31 from Louisiana

I'm Tiffany from near New Orleans and my boyfriend is in St.Mary Parish jail(or watever its called). I know its absurd to be feeling this way so soon into this because he just got arrested Thursday but its the not knowing thats stressing me out and making me feel just ugh! He's a parole violated with a new charge on him and I dont know much about the laws or anything either. I just have to depend on him to know more about all of this. Ive been trying to "decipher" his rap sheet from the last time he served time but everything is to me written in ancient egyptian(its so hard to grasp). I think I'm just needing people to communicate with that know what I'm feeling already..I'm trying to not let a bunch of drama from his life before me get to me,but i fear its getting the best of me...Does anyone have insight into whats the max on a forgery charge? i've tried looking online but its like banging my head into a wall...Thanks to any replies to this its greatly appreciated...

"Trying to Zero in on the Light @ End of the Tunnel"
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,073 Times in 6,823 Posts

Hello and Welcome to the Louisiana forum at PTO! It's never easy to deal with a loved one that is incarcerated for any reason. The best thing you can do at this point is to deal with it one day at a time.

I don't know what kind of time he is facing, but if he violated his parole, he will be facing backing up the rest of the time that he had on his sentence. As for the new charge, I really couldn't tell you.

Just keep coming back here and "talking". We who are here have been dealing with the same things, and we have a pretty good idea of your pain and frustration.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM

thanks a lot... i think its because he's stressing im stressing and im starting a new job soon and trying to handle all of the things that need to be done so we can get this "time" started but being restricted because its the wknd and tmrw is a holiday..I'm really looking forward to having people in similar situation to talk with and people whom might have some insight into the La system..I'm like drawing up blanks trying to figure everything out but thanks

Zeroing in on the Light @ End of the Tunnel"
Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,073 Times in 6,823 Posts

There's not much to figure out really. He violated his parole, and he's going to do time for that. He picked up a new charge. He's going to do time for that. You won't get any more information until he has his parole revocation hearing AND until he goes to court for his new charges.

There's no sense in him stressing because he's going to be where he is for a while until he goes to court.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM

i try to tell him to stop stressing but he doesnt listen...me on the other hand i have every right to stress because i really have no idea what is going on or anything...i ask him but i think hes going more by what guys are telling him than legit things...he says that with the parole revoking he only has to back up his 11 months and that they will most likely drop the other charges down but they will run as more...basically that no matter what he will serve 11 months no matter what...im like uh no i dont think its that simple you violated your parole and was kinda "running" from them for months so they are going to "slam you"....i really just dont know anything atm...ive had lot cousins go to jail or prison but they never had been a parole violated for a lenght of time like my bf was.....i really appreciate you replying to my questions....thanks so much!!!

"Zeroing in on the Light @ End of the Tunnel"
The Following User Says Thank You to TeedyTee31 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-03-2013)
Old 01-06-2017, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeedyTee31 View Post

I'm Tiffany from near New Orleans and my boyfriend is in St.Mary Parish jail(or watever its called). I know its absurd to be feeling this way so soon into this because he just got arrested Thursday but its the not knowing thats stressing me out and making me feel just ugh! He's a parole violated with a new charge on him and I dont know much about the laws or anything either. I just have to depend on him to know more about all of this. Ive been trying to "decipher" his rap sheet from the last time he served time but everything is to me written in ancient egyptian(its so hard to grasp). I think I'm just needing people to communicate with that know what I'm feeling already..I'm trying to not let a bunch of drama from his life before me get to me,but i fear its getting the best of me...Does anyone have insight into whats the max on a forgery charge? i've tried looking online but its like banging my head into a wall...Thanks to any replies to this its greatly appreciated...

"Trying to Zero in on the Light @ End of the Tunnel"
LA R.S. 14:72(D) reads:

D. Whoever commits the crime of forgery shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years, or both.

Five thousand dollars and/or ten years is the maximum penalty, but the way this reads, it appears that the judge may be able to use his discretion in sentencing. It depends. That would be an attorney question, and I am not an attorney, only a paralegal. You said he has a rap sheet, so he may be a multiple offender, and if he is, then that means he may have to serve more jail time. Unfortunately, you will just have to wait and see until he talks to his attorney and gets some legal advice.

Nicole
The Following User Says Thank You to paralegalmom For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,490 Posts

Nicole, the OP hasn't been back since 2013. Please be careful in pulling up old threads.