Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:19 PM

Default Arrowhead moving SOTMP participants to Centennial?

I talked to a friend of mine in the SOTMP program at Arrowhead Correctional Facility. He says they are moving all SOTMP participants to Centennial and all will go from level 2 to level 4 (max status). Anyone have any info??? I feel for this friend, he's worked so hard. Now everything being stripped from him. His med classification, his job (he is self sustaining asks for nothing from anyone, but friendship) Any info would be greatly appreciated Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicscrazy View Post
I talked to a friend of mine in the SOTMP program at Arrowhead Correctional Facility. He says they are moving all SOTMP participants to Centennial and all will go from level 2 to level 4 (max status). Anyone have any info??? I feel for this friend, he's worked so hard. Now everything being stripped from him. His med classification, his job (he is self sustaining asks for nothing from anyone, but friendship) Any info would be greatly appreciated Thank You
I have not heard that. I honestly can't see them moving a whole group to level 4 for no reason. I know Centennial has a lot of extra space, so they can move the whole group over but I don't see them moving them as a punishment or anything.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
I have not heard that. I honestly can't see them moving a whole group to level 4 for no reason. I know Centennial has a lot of extra space, so they can move the whole group over but I don't see them moving them as a punishment or anything.

It may not be a "punishment" I just know what its doing do my friend. Its a mass move, as of right now there is no clear reason. I just know it hardly seems just. But then again what is just about the DOC money maker!!!!!!! I have talked to his case mgr, she says he has no write up or issues. She is upset about them moving these guys as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I don't think they can move a whole group of individuals from Level 2 to level 4 for no reason. They would have to have some type of disciplinary action against them and a hearing I would think. I know there is a lot of space available at Centennial so perhaps they are making room at Arrowhead for others. I do know that a lot of guys from a VCF have been moved over to Arrowhead in the last few weeks.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:05 PM

They are doing it with in the month.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
They are doing it with in the month.
Call the AW and see what he/she says. I know there is a new incentive unit opened at Centennial. There is an incentive unit at CSP. When they opened it, they asked my husband if he wanted to go. He said "heck no" because he thought he would be have to abide by the CSP Closed Custody rules but that isn't the case at all. They have special rules for the incentive unit.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
medicscrazy (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Call the AW and see what he/she says. I know there is a new incentive unit opened at Centennial. There is an incentive unit at CSP. When they opened it, they asked my husband if he wanted to go. He said "heck no" because he thought he would be have to abide by the CSP Closed Custody rules but that isn't the case at all. They have special rules for the incentive unit.
Thank you that makes a lot of sense. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you that makes a lot of sense. I really appreciate it.
Please keep us posted on what you find d out. It will be interesting to find out what is going on.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Please keep us posted on what you find d out. It will be interesting to find out what is going on.

I will do that for sure.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:08 PM

Default Update

They are moving guys. It is an incentive programs. Jobs, more freedoms. Only real difference is single man cells.
The Following User Says Thank You to medicscrazy For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
They are moving guys. It is an incentive programs. Jobs, more freedoms. Only real difference is single man cells.
Yes, that is what I thought. I heard they are also moving a pre-release unit to centennial. I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not. My husband was in the incentive unit at AV, it was pretty cool just very expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
medicscrazy (01-14-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Blueyes

What is SOTMP?
Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
What is SOTMP?

Sex Offender Treatment Maintenance Program.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Donation Award 

It sounds like a great move! Single cells are the best! My loved one is in BVCF he has been in the incentive unit for a few year now. It is probably the worst incentive unit in the system. When they first opened it they had single cells then they moved them out of that unit into what was the A and O unit and doubled them up. It was pretty bad as those cells are tiny. Then they moved them again into what is essentially general population with double cells and less yard time. The only "incentive" they get is they have more time out of the cells and they can order ice cream a couple of times a month. So be very happy they aren't moving them to BVCF.