Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Member Introductions & Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Member Introductions & Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Arizona prison system.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:48 PM

Red face Do you ever ask yourself... "what am i doing?!"

Hi all! I have been with my boyfriend for the last 2 1/2 years. I stood by him through a back surgery which re-ignited a pre-existing painkiller addiction. Unfortunately, the addiction this time around spiraled into a terrible heroin and benzodiazepine abuse/addiction which eventually has lead him to where he is now.... Jail. My heart is broken. He has such a good heart which is unfortunately buried under the disease of drug addiction. He is currently at LBJ and has signed his plea for 5 years in AZDOC... I am so new to this entire thing and just need words of encouragement. I have been lurking for a few weeks and have already gained so much hope just from reading the stories from so many strong women. You all need to give yourself so much credit. I just wish I could go out for pedicures and a glass of wine with all of you - haha!
XOXO
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sadie1988 For This Useful Post:
ChadandMitzy (03-20-2017), jadah (01-22-2017), lizlizzie2 (03-08-2017), newtothisinariz (03-12-2017), Sarianna (01-22-2017), Sylph (01-21-2017), waiting4him21 (01-21-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,624 Times in 2,129 Posts

Hi there and welcome to PTO we are glad you found us. You already know you are not alone there are many others who know how you feel. Its not an easy life loving an inmate but it is possible and there are plenty here who will support you along the way.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (03-12-2017), sadie1988 (01-24-2017), waiting4him21 (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:44 PM
here

Welcome. It's not an easy road, but it is doable. Hang in there and tell the naysayers to kiss off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (03-12-2017), sadie1988 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 06:22 AM

I relate girl my mans use recently led to 5 years and my heart broke felt like I was dying inside still donsometimes n so unsure of what to do at times bc we do see the other side of them unfortunately not all are willing to make that change to a sober life n we don't get that person back no matter how mucch we love them. They have to want to put in the work n do that for themselves and that will lead to a better relationship for you all if he can't he takes you down w him - that's what my guy and I just talked about yesterday how he has to fornhinself not me or it will never work he'll always relapse bc he has to care about himself enough not to and I can't do this again. I wish the best for you bc I know the pain n struggle that love brings girl I'm there w you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
jadah (01-22-2017), sadie1988 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 06:59 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,381 Times in 973 Posts

Sadie, you are not alone. You are among friends here. Welcome to our group. Keep reading.
Did I ever ask "What am I doing?" For me- no. I believed my husband would be come the man he was supposed to be- He did.
Was he worth it? -Absolutely, without a doubt.
This was a journey I knew nothing about, but it made me a better person, more humble, more grateful, more appreciative and more outwardly focused and compassionate.
If you believe in your boyfriend the way you say you do, get ready to grow and hang on tightly. You'll hit some bumps for sure. But keep your eyes on the prize above and beyond what anyone else says, does or believes.
The only people that matter is you and your boyfriend.
We'll be here.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following User Says Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
sadie1988 (01-24-2017)