Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:25 PM

Default Commissary, visits, and tablets in Coffee Creek Intake in Oregon?

I read on Facebook post recently that people at Coffee Creek Intake are not being moved out as fast do to lack of beds so DOC are allowing inmates commissary, visits, and tablets. Does anyone have info on this or was the Facebook post incorrect? Thank you in advance for any and all responses
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,650 Times in 2,006 Posts

I haven't heard anything about it, but I'll admit that I haven't stayed up to date on intake.

Bed shortage is always a problem and has been for eons (meanwhile, EOCI is still only half full - why they don't bring those buildings into full service is beyond me).

So far as I know, tablets are still in beta testing and have not been approved for all facilities. Since that's the case, I'd find it very hard to believe that they'd allow tablets for people in intake, while other facilities don't have them at all.

Commissary, if indeed, they're housing male inmates at CC, would make sense. I'm not sure how they could do visits, since they're only set up for visitation in the women's prison (different buildings, different management structure).

In other words, I don't know for certain, but it's possible. How probable is unknown, and DOC isn't usually very forthcoming with such information.