Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Unhappy No Contact but I need to let him know his kids' Phone Numbers!

Hi Everyone,

Well, this really sucks... He's been in Corrigan about 6 days now. Arrested New Year's Eve. Disorderly... I have no money to bail him out and if I did, I have no money for yet another attorney fee. Besides that, there is a No Contact/Residential Stay Away in place. I know he's worrying about his kids and is probably pissed off at me, but I think that where he is right now is the best place for him. He would have to live in his car. He hasn't been working, so he didn't lose his job, but one of his kids is only 16. I'm not his legal guardian. I suspect DCF is going to be knocking on my door any day now. Then he'll be REALLY mad because they'll have to place the son with relatives in another state.

ANYWAY, I wrote to him as if I was his daughter so I could give him his kids' phone numbers and to let him know that everyone is okay. I wrote as though I were an older teenager/young adult, trying to use slang and not so great grammar. I DID mention ME in the letter saying that "H" is a wreck.

Knowing that the mail is read, mentions me, and it came from my address with his daughter's name, will they still give it to him?

I put money in his commissary and set up a phone account for him. No mail yet from him. Last time he was in for a couple of days, we got a letter pretty quickly.

Thanks Ladies,
Desperately sad, lonely and afraid of the unknown...

H
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Thanked 1,276 Times in 484 Posts

He probably will get it HOWEVER....I would not do it again. The no contact order is there for a reason - to protect you - even if you don't think you need protection. There may also be legal ramifications if he is caught communicating with you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
hamsa (01-06-2017), Hed (01-06-2017), patchouli (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:41 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,237 Times in 13,222 Posts

They could give it to him, or not. However, if he contacts YOU in any way shape or form he could get into even more trouble (Contempt of Court; Resistance to Order; Violation of Order, etc)

Do you also have a no-contact with him? If so, you could could also get charges for violating the order. Stop it.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Hed (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:04 PM

I don't think there is a no-contact on my end. I assumed that if he can't contact me, I can't contact him.

I'm worried about him because he's worrying about his kids and why I didn't bail him out and what's going to happen to him. They didn't transport him the other day, so he didn't get to meet with his attorney and they continued the case until next month.

He has a whole host of medical stuff going on. Diabetes, severely high blood pressure, depression enlarged heart and more... he's probably not eating either. I asked his attorney's office to put him on med watch.

I just want him to be able to contact his kids and be sure he keeps up with his meds or he won't likely come out of there at all. And he's only 54...

Thanks for your replies.
H
Old 01-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,017 Times in 4,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed View Post
I don't think there is a no-contact on my end. I assumed that if he can't contact me, I can't contact him.

I'm worried about him because he's worrying about his kids and why I didn't bail him out and what's going to happen to him. They didn't transport him the other day, so he didn't get to meet with his attorney and they continued the case until next month.

He has a whole host of medical stuff going on. Diabetes, severely high blood pressure, depression enlarged heart and more... he's probably not eating either. I asked his attorney's office to put him on med watch.

I just want him to be able to contact his kids and be sure he keeps up with his meds or he won't likely come out of there at all. And he's only 54...

Thanks for your replies.
H
I don't know the circumstances under which he was arrested but it sounds like whatever landed him in there was significant enough to hold him there. Worrying about your kids means keeping your behaviour in check before you get to this point. Unless the no-contact order extends to his children, he can write them and they can write him. No sense in risking further problems by breaking the order when there are other options.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AndyS (01-06-2017), Hed (01-09-2017), maytayah (01-06-2017), patchouli (01-06-2017), Sarianna (01-24-2017), sidewalker (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 09:15 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 24,439 Times in 12,656 Posts

As I understand it yes. No contact from him to you or you to him.
Not sure about the kids (cause I cant tell from what is offered here)
Hazarding a guess that unless they were involved somehow in why he was arrested, they are probably ok to contact him.
(but they shouldnt include any messages from you at all)

That's my dog's nose art