Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Donation Award 

Angry Son being released from firecamp, counselor not changing release location

My son original was to be released to Los Angeles county, as a friend had offered him housing when he got out. That option is no longer available and my son an myself have tried to get the counselor to change his release location to Orange County. My son has written a letter and requested a meeting with the counselor, to no avail. I did reach the counselor be phone about 3 months ago and informed him that my son would be staying with us in Orange County.

The release date is February the 6th and my son got paperwork yesterday, Jan. 19th, informing him to report to Los Angeles County probation office.
There are other mistakes on the release papers. Like: referring to a restraining order for people we don't know and have nothing to do with his case.

In Los Angeles County he will not have a place to stay. Do we have anyway to get his parole location changed?

Very frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 01:41 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,011 Times in 12,188 Posts

Isn't it standard procedure to be released in the county of conviction? I'm not sure who you would need to contact, but I do hope something can be done so he isn't released as homeless Hopefully someone more familiar with Cali will be along with some suggestions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
MONIFREE (01-22-2017), Patrickj (01-22-2017), Sarianna (01-23-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 03:07 PM

Thanked 1,028 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONIFREE View Post
My son original was to be released to Los Angeles county, as a friend had offered him housing when he got out. That option is no longer available and my son an myself have tried to get the counselor to change his release location to Orange County. My son has written a letter and requested a meeting with the counselor, to no avail. I did reach the counselor be phone about 3 months ago and informed him that my son would be staying with us in Orange County.

The release date is February the 6th and my son got paperwork yesterday, Jan. 19th, informing him to report to Los Angeles County probation office.
There are other mistakes on the release papers. Like: referring to a restraining order for people we don't know and have nothing to do with his case.

In Los Angeles County he will not have a place to stay. Do we have anyway to get his parole location changed?

Very frustrated.

You are usually released to the county of your coming offense. Once your son reports to his P.O. he can explain his situation to him/her. They may allow for your son to stay in Orange County temporary pending transfer approval. Your sons . P.O will need to do the transfer paper work if he/she will allow transfer.
This said transfer if it is going to be approved will take some time to be approved. Now should your sons P.O. denies his request to transfer he must stay in the county in which he is required to stay in. Then your son may continue the request process up the chain of command through the 602 process . Little warning if your son is denied do not piss off the unit supervisor by calling him/her. Let the 602 process work its cycle ,a pissed off unit supervisors will throw every trick in the book to be sure that transfer is denied. Don't threaten them with calls to the regional office or Sacramento.
MONIFREE (01-22-2017), patchouli (01-22-2017), Sarianna (01-23-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 08:43 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 23,545 Times in 12,261 Posts

I always thought you were released to the county in which you resided? (prior to arrest/conviction)

To the op, Im sorry Im sure this is causing you to be very worried.
I hope it can be sorted out.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 PM

Thanked 1,028 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I always thought you were released to the county in which you resided? (prior to arrest/conviction)

To the op, Im sorry Im sure this is causing you to be very worried.
I hope it can be sorted out.

If your committing offense is in the county you reside in you will be returned to that county. Here is an example lets say I am resident of Sacramento County, I do a crime in San Diego County. my committing county would be San Diego so I would have to parole back to San Diego. Unless I could prove that I have someone that will house me have me employment upon release. Then I can ask for a transfer prior to release back to my home county ( Sacramento)Doesn't mean it will be granted , but if I have housing and employment and family support my chances of getting reassigned before release are better. Plus you need staff that will do their job .
sidewalker (02-15-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
If your committing offense is in the county you reside in you will be returned to that county. Here is an example lets say I am resident of Sacramento County, I do a crime in San Diego County. my committing county would be San Diego so I would have to parole back to San Diego. Unless I could prove that I have someone that will house me have me employment upon release. Then I can ask for a transfer prior to release back to my home county ( Sacramento)Doesn't mean it will be granted , but if I have housing and employment and family support my chances of getting reassigned before release are better. Plus you need staff that will do their job .
Yes, the staff doing their job is the problem. I talked to the counselor months ago. Told him we have a home and my son has job opportunities in Orange County. My son also wrote him a letter and requested a meeting, to no avail.
I hope we get it resolved with the PO. I was told they don't like to do the paperwork involved with the reassignment. Well, my son will be out on February 6th. The rest we have to face after. Thanks for your input.
The Following User Says Thank You to MONIFREE For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-25-2017)