Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 01-27-2017, 08:05 PM

Default How long can Lock downs last?

My boyfriend has been incarcerated since May 5 ,2016 and he is currently in Macdougall CI in Ct ..he has been through 4 previous extended lock downs during this time that all lasted 6 to 7 days ..he has now been off the grid with no phone calls and no visits since 1/17/17. No one answers the phone at the facility (something that is not surprising to me) and I have not even received any mail. This seems to me to be inhumane ..and again I do understand that the system is designed to take away any rights the incarcerated ever had but I wondered if anyone had any idea why they would be locked down for so long and also how long can these damn lock downs last ? This is so frustrating ..its difficult enough to keep it together when someone you love is incarcerated never mind when all contact is totally cut off . He was due to have a level drop on January 11 and he was told it would happen when they "get around to doing the paperwork" He is eligible for parole this April but right now this straight up sucks. Anyway I got off track a little but any info re Lock down would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2017, 11:49 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,908 Times in 977 Posts

I don't know about CT...in the feds lockdowns can last weeks...months...just depends what happened.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
cljinct (01-31-2017), sidewalker (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,373 Times in 13,060 Posts

Lock downs at the prison my hub was at could last as long as the staff felt them necessary.
Maybe short staffing is an issue. I know at my work, everyone has the bug that is going around.

Hang in there. Keep writing to him. At least at some point he will get the letters. Usually the mail would keep flowing, back and forth. Maybe delayed but eventually it went thru.
Sorry you guys are going thru this.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
cljinct (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 01:12 PM

Lockdowns will last until the warden believes that whatever the problem was that caused the lockdown is solved and that all the units will operate safely for the staff and the inmates. It all depends on what the cause is and how many units were involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to nomireatras For This Useful Post:
cljinct (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 10:15 PM

Well apparently in this case it was 11 days ..It turns out someone had a cell phone so of course everyone was locked down..strip searched ..cells tossed etc and it took them 11 days to complete the task. It always amazes me how everyone pays because 1 fool breaks the damn rules. Thanks everyone for the responses
Old 01-31-2017, 10:30 PM

If it's fighting, They sometimes start releasing one unit a week over a period of weeks to have smaller fights to control than one large riot. If your loved one is in one of the last units to be released from the lock down it could be awhile. I write more when this happens they get bored.