Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Default My first probation violation in 3 years..plz help

I'm on regular felony probation for forgery..I transferred it to Florida where I live with my wife...Im on for 5 years and have done 3 of them with no violations.. Been employed and haven't caught any new cases..i recently failed a urine screen for the first time testing positive for cocaine..what are my chances of having my probation taken away for my 1st violation?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,983 Times in 12,173 Posts

I'm not familiar with IC to Florida, but 1 violation, no new charges, the 3 years good behavior combined with having been employed, I highly doubt you'll be revoked on a technical. You may have sanctions: reporting more often and/or an increase in mandated AA/NA meetings, maybe an increase in home visits....at least that's most likely how it would go in Ky, can't speak for Florida. Just don't take anymore chances

Welcome to PTO
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
firedancer (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Thank you so much... Florida is just supervising my probation but it's out of louisville... I have 7 years over my head...i been going through some personal issues and slipped up.. I'm just hoping I don't lose it all for 1 dirty drop.. I don't know how strict Kentucky probation is.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,983 Times in 12,173 Posts

You wouldn't be revoked in Ky for one technical....but can't Florida revoke your IC? Send you back to ky? I'm not saying they will, not for one violation, I'm asking if that's how it works with IC to Florida.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:38 PM

My probation officer here in Florida said she has no say so.. Everything is up to Kentucky.. All she did was tell her I had a dirty drop
The Following User Says Thank You to Clp07 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Thanked 7,929 Times in 4,710 Posts

The quickest way to get a feel for how the supervising State views things is if they went to issue a warrant and conducted the probable cause hearing. Absent that, then they are sending the violation report to the Sending State (KY) who will then make a determination on what to do. They could do anything from the imposition of sanctions to a warrant to have you returned to Kentucky to explain your use of a controlled substance to the judge.

The reality is that OP will be behooved by getting into treatment NOW! One does not simply use cocaine once and have any rational person believe it was 'a lapse.' The presumption is going to be that this has been an ongoing problem especially since it does not linger for that long in the system compared to something like pot...