Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Angry Phone account: Sent money order Jan 27th, they still haven't received it!

Iowa seriously needs to get with an online phone system where we can add money ourselves. This is the 2nd time I've sent money order + form to the correct address and it seems to never get there. The 1st time it never showed up, this time I sent it Jan 27th and they still haven't received it. It only takes 3 days at the most for mail from my location to his.

He has received multiple letters that I sent out AFTER I sent the money order yet they still do not have the money order.

Driving me crazy.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Thanked 1,415 Times in 535 Posts

I know in Texas when I send a check from my bank it still takes 10-15 business days to credit the account. I ended up overfunding the account and making sure I send payments regularly so there is always money there. Its been a lot less stressful. Its frustrating when your phone account gets low. Your're not likely to change it so the best advice would be figure out a better way to fund the account. Can you get a prepaid visa/MasterCard and fund it online? Its extra money but it might be quicker that way.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I know in Texas when I send a check from my bank it still takes 10-15 business days to credit the account. I ended up overfunding the account and making sure I send payments regularly so there is always money there. Its been a lot less stressful. Its frustrating when your phone account gets low. Your're not likely to change it so the best advice would be figure out a better way to fund the account. Can you get a prepaid visa/MasterCard and fund it online? Its extra money but it might be quicker that way.
It finally was received and credit 2/15. I wish I could fund it online like I did when he was in jail. But the prison does not have that option for phone accounts.