Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Texas prison & criminal justice system, and join in non-prison related conversations with other people from your state.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 PM

Default Texas State jail or ISf?

hello im currently looking at a year in state jail in texas with 118 days backtime or ISF wondering if you knew if you get relesed straight home from ISF or have to go to a halfway house
Ive been to safep twice but if i take isf i have two more years probation if i take the state time will it be day for day
SOME ONE HELP ME OUT PLZZ
thanks
lilbitTX
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,260 Times in 9,838 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the Texas forums. I hope you receive answers to your question from members who know how that system operates.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Thanked 8,878 Times in 5,123 Posts

ISF through the County as a condition of probation is somewhat different than ISF for parole violators.

The fact that you did SAFP previously but have yet another violation before the Court suggests that treatment modalities are in order. Without getting those issues in check, you WILL be back in front of the Court on yet another offense somewhere down the road. Would you rather be back in front of them with a completed probation or would you rather be dinged not only for a period of incarceration but also the revocation?

The State Jail sentence may be day for day or it could be one that qualifies for up to 20% diligent participation credit. It all depends on when the offense was committed. Since there would be less than eight months actually served in the State Jail Division given the credits, I would be surprised if the Court gave much, if any, diligent participation credit even if you were otherwise eligible...