Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:19 PM

Default Inmate Lookup in NY - Need help Finding an Inmate

I have no idea where my friend is. He was scheduled to turn himself in on Monday for an 18 month plea sentence. I got a call from a mutual friend that he got arrested last night. She didn't know where he was or the details. I tried to find him online but I guess it is too soon. One thing I found said to call 311 for info on people who were arrested in the last 24 to 48 hours. I can't call 311 because I'm out of state. How else can I find out where he is and what's going on?

I'm so afraid especially since he got arrested again. I'm sitting here crying like crazy. And now I just thought, will this second arrest hurt his plea deal?

Thanks,
W
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 04:25 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,531 Times in 13,757 Posts

Try VINELink:

https://vinelink.com/#/home

Old 02-08-2017, 06:39 PM

If he was in the 5 boroughs call Rikers Island. Or else the county jail he,was arrested in.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Unhappy

Thanks for the advice. He's not in Vines yet. He was just arrested last night. I did find the out of state number to call 311 and they sent me to Brooklyn Central Booking. I've called a number of times but I guess they don't like to answer the phone.

I'm just so worried and so sad.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:24 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,531 Times in 13,757 Posts

He should've been on Vine as soon as he was booked ...maybe that county doesn't participate

Glad you've located him Does that county have an inmate list online?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
He should've been on Vine as soon as he was booked ...maybe that county doesn't participate

Glad you've located him Does that county have an inmate list online?
I still haven't found him. 311 sent me to Brooklyn Central Booking since he was arrested in Brooklyn. I just got through and they don't have him listed. The officer I spoke with said that he was probably already arraigned and moved. So, I have no idea what's going on because I can't find him on Vine or on NYC or NYS inmate lookup.

I'm new to all of this and I have no idea what else to do. I'm not in New York so it makes it even more difficult. I'll keep checking the lookup sites every couple of hours. I guess the other choice is to call the other counties. I also saw online that I can call the county arraignment clerk during regular business hours and they may have information.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to wawnmja For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-08-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Default Inmate Lookup - Finding an Inmate

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to all of this and I'm frantic right now.

If someone is arraigned and released on bail will they show up on vinelink or DOCS inmate lookup. I'm trying to find my friend and I can't find anything. I can't find any info on his arrest two days ago or even the one two weeks ago. Something should be there because he was supposed to surrender at Rikers on Monday.

I'm really worried. I can't figure out what is going on. Unfortunately I'm out if state on business so it's even harder. I need to find him so I make sure he's taken care of. I already sent money for the lawyer and commissary, but I don't know if it's enough since he can't bring anything in with him.

Any ideas what may be going on or what else I can do? Where else to look?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM

You might be able to call the jail and ask about him. Some will allow this and others won't, but might be worth a try. If he is in jail, he should show up on Vinelink, but if he's a federal inmate, he may not show at all. In such case you may find some info on the BOP web page. From my experience someone in jail won't show up on DOCS until they've been sentenced AND been received at a reception center (like elmira cor. facility)..hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:07 PM

Thank you Smiles. That makes sense. He was supposed to be sentenced this coming Monday so I'm guessing that's why he isn't showing up for either charge yet. I guess I just have to be patient.
The Following User Says Thank You to wawnmja For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-11-2017)