Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:43 PM

Thanked 1,127 Times in 740 Posts
Default We will no longer be able to use jpay soon, they're switching to GTL

well according to my husband they are changing companies and at some point in the near future jPAY wont work. we will have to do all our business throught GTL phone services. www.connectnetwork.com i also heard that at some point they will get the video visits as well maybe at the same time they install all the kiosks and such. I did call jpay and they said as of right now all payments and messages can still be made through them and they have to give them noitice but my advice would be not to purchase alot of stamps at once because who knows how long it will be available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
David (03-04-2017), patchouli (01-31-2017), Quetz (02-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
well according to my husband they are changing companies and at some point in the near future jPAY wont work. we will have to do all our business throught GTL phone services. www.connectnetwork.com i also heard that at some point they will get the video visits as well maybe at the same time they install all the kiosks and such. I did call jpay and they said as of right now all payments and messages can still be made through them and they have to give them noitice but my advice would be not to purchase alot of stamps at once because who knows how long it will be available.
I heard the same thing for Colorado. We already use GTL for phone but I hear they are going to implement video visits and email as well.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 AM

It seems to depend on what facility your loved one is. At the moment my facility doesn't show up. I would fear if they would put up video visits. Than they might skip real visitsand that would be terrible.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 AM

not sure if i can add this or not but i did find the deposit slip for michigan here is the link https://web.connectnetwork.com/wp-co...-Eng-Final.pdf
Old 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM

as of feb.1 all money needs to go thur gtl
Old 02-01-2017, 07:51 PM

My man needs stamps so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to send money and have it get hung up.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:52 AM

How are we going to deposit funds from outside the USA????
Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 AM

The transition will be as of February 28th ...Ok so this is what I know as of today. The only thing that will change is you won't be able to send money through jpay. It will have to be sent through the same company as their phone service which is gtl. You can access their website at www.connectnetwork.com. So for now until the 28th use jpay. I also think gtl may also start doing the video visits but we have to wait and see about that. As far as jpay goes you can still send and receive emails through them so yes you can buy stamps. I was also informed that they are going to offer the jpay player as well so our LO can send and receive emails from their cell and they can buy games and music as well which is an awesome way to pass the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
LadyT19 (03-17-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 01:46 PM

Video visits what I have heard of them is if a facility starts using Video Visits they ban regular contact visits is that true? I'm asking because I'm planning a visit in August.
I'm anxious becaus I really want to see him again.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:43 AM

I've never heard of that. If that was the case no-one would want them. I think it's just a way for them to make more money.

Raf's Girl (02-20-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 07:22 PM

I just spoke with Jpay, and they are telling me that after 2-28 they will not be providing any service to Michigan prisons, not accounts, not email, and not the jpay music player either. I think everything is going to GTL.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
The transition will be as of February 28th ...Ok so this is what I know as of today. The only thing that will change is you won't be able to send money through jpay. It will have to be sent through the same company as their phone service which is gtl. You can access their website at www.connectnetwork.com. So for now until the 28th use jpay. I also think gtl may also start doing the video visits but we have to wait and see about that. As far as jpay goes you can still send and receive emails through them so yes you can buy stamps. I was also informed that they are going to offer the jpay player as well so our LO can send and receive emails from their cell and they can buy games and music as well which is an awesome way to pass the time.
Do you know what kind of fees will be charged if credit card is used for monies on phone accounts? Jpay was 3.95. Heard GTL was 15.00???
Old 02-19-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
Do you know what kind of fees will be charged if credit card is used for monies on phone accounts? Jpay was 3.95. Heard GTL was 15.00???
I live in ny but we use gtl here and it costs 3 dollars to add money to my phone for calls
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Iimas For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (02-19-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,496 Times in 13,311 Posts

The rates are posted on MDOC:

http://www.michigan.gov/corrections/...2875--,00.html

If you send a money order, there is no fee. The mailing address is also in the link above
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
AussieAngel (03-04-2017), Buttercream (03-04-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
I deposit 100$ a month and the charge is 3$

Buttercream (03-12-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Thanks for posting this information I was really confused when I saw the email about JPAY services becoming unavailable. I had so many dog-gone stamps with them too. I just sent a mail using JPAY I am not sure if it will get to him. Seems unlikely but wanted to at least use up a stamp.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Be a voice Not an echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Thanks for posting this information I was really confused when I saw the email about JPAY services becoming unavailable. I had so many dog-gone stamps with them too. I just sent a mail using JPAY I am not sure if it will get to him. Seems unlikely but wanted to at least use up a stamp.
Jpay emails are still available- it just the money transfers that have changed. If you want to send money that has to go through GTL .

The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAngel For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (03-14-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Yeah we are still able to send email through jpay thank God because I have alot of stamps to because I buy 100 at a time. And I don't like the way Gtl is set up. They don't even give you a confirmation that your money is sent. I mean they send you an email but I like to see it on their site and not have to go to my email.