Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk > Michigan Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum category in the Michigan forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2017, 06:43 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 52
Thanked 637 Times in 440 Posts
Default We will no longer be able to use jpay soon, they're switching to GTL

well according to my husband they are changing companies and at some point in the near future jPAY wont work. we will have to do all our business throught GTL phone services. www.connectnetwork.com i also heard that at some point they will get the video visits as well maybe at the same time they install all the kiosks and such. I did call jpay and they said as of right now all payments and messages can still be made through them and they have to give them noitice but my advice would be not to purchase alot of stamps at once because who knows how long it will be available.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
David (03-04-2017), patchouli (01-31-2017), Quetz (02-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-31-2017, 07:37 PM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 638
Thanks: 347
Thanked 386 Times in 187 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
well according to my husband they are changing companies and at some point in the near future jPAY wont work. we will have to do all our business throught GTL phone services. www.connectnetwork.com i also heard that at some point they will get the video visits as well maybe at the same time they install all the kiosks and such. I did call jpay and they said as of right now all payments and messages can still be made through them and they have to give them noitice but my advice would be not to purchase alot of stamps at once because who knows how long it will be available.
I heard the same thing for Colorado. We already use GTL for phone but I hear they are going to implement video visits and email as well.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Raf's Girl Raf's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 242
Thanks: 137
Thanked 130 Times in 91 Posts
Default

It seems to depend on what facility your loved one is. At the moment my facility doesn't show up. I would fear if they would put up video visits. Than they might skip real visitsand that would be terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 AM
mothers love mothers love is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: michigan usa
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

not sure if i can add this or not but i did find the deposit slip for michigan here is the link https://web.connectnetwork.com/wp-co...-Eng-Final.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM
mothers love mothers love is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: michigan usa
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

as of feb.1 all money needs to go thur gtl
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Holdinouthope Holdinouthope is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pa
Posts: 81
Thanks: 59
Thanked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Default

My man needs stamps so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to send money and have it get hung up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Raf's Girl Raf's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 242
Thanks: 137
Thanked 130 Times in 91 Posts
Default

How are we going to deposit funds from outside the USA????
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 52
Thanked 637 Times in 440 Posts
Default

The transition will be as of February 28th ...Ok so this is what I know as of today. The only thing that will change is you won't be able to send money through jpay. It will have to be sent through the same company as their phone service which is gtl. You can access their website at www.connectnetwork.com. So for now until the 28th use jpay. I also think gtl may also start doing the video visits but we have to wait and see about that. As far as jpay goes you can still send and receive emails through them so yes you can buy stamps. I was also informed that they are going to offer the jpay player as well so our LO can send and receive emails from their cell and they can buy games and music as well which is an awesome way to pass the time.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
LadyT19 (03-17-2017)
  #9  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Raf's Girl Raf's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 242
Thanks: 137
Thanked 130 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Video visits what I have heard of them is if a facility starts using Video Visits they ban regular contact visits is that true? I'm asking because I'm planning a visit in August.
I'm anxious becaus I really want to see him again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2017, 04:43 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 52
Thanked 637 Times in 440 Posts
Default

I've never heard of that. If that was the case no-one would want them. I think it's just a way for them to make more money.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
Raf's Girl (02-20-2017)
  #11  
Old 02-18-2017, 07:22 PM
beeanne beeanne is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 32
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I just spoke with Jpay, and they are telling me that after 2-28 they will not be providing any service to Michigan prisons, not accounts, not email, and not the jpay music player either. I think everything is going to GTL.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Buttercream Buttercream is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 123
Thanks: 267
Thanked 47 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
The transition will be as of February 28th ...Ok so this is what I know as of today. The only thing that will change is you won't be able to send money through jpay. It will have to be sent through the same company as their phone service which is gtl. You can access their website at www.connectnetwork.com. So for now until the 28th use jpay. I also think gtl may also start doing the video visits but we have to wait and see about that. As far as jpay goes you can still send and receive emails through them so yes you can buy stamps. I was also informed that they are going to offer the jpay player as well so our LO can send and receive emails from their cell and they can buy games and music as well which is an awesome way to pass the time.
Do you know what kind of fees will be charged if credit card is used for monies on phone accounts? Jpay was 3.95. Heard GTL was 15.00???
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Mrs. Iimas Mrs. Iimas is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York USA
Posts: 1,251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 682 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
Do you know what kind of fees will be charged if credit card is used for monies on phone accounts? Jpay was 3.95. Heard GTL was 15.00???
I live in ny but we use gtl here and it costs 3 dollars to add money to my phone for calls
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Iimas For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (02-19-2017)
  #14  
Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 AM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is online now
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 34,521
Thanks: 33,810
Thanked 26,541 Times in 12,435 Posts
Default

The rates are posted on MDOC:

http://www.michigan.gov/corrections/...2875--,00.html

If you send a money order, there is no fee. The mailing address is also in the link above
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
AussieAngel (03-04-2017), Buttercream (03-04-2017)
  #15  
Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 52
Thanked 637 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
Do you know what kind of fees will be charged if credit card is used for monies on phone accounts? Jpay was 3.95. Heard GTL was 15.00???
I deposit 100$ a month and the charge is 3$
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (03-12-2017)
  #16  
Old 03-14-2017, 01:29 PM
spindoc spindoc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wayne county MI
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for posting this information I was really confused when I saw the email about JPAY services becoming unavailable. I had so many dog-gone stamps with them too. I just sent a mail using JPAY I am not sure if it will get to him. Seems unlikely but wanted to at least use up a stamp.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:21 PM
AussieAngel's Avatar
AussieAngel AussieAngel is offline
Be a voice Not an echo
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 375
Thanks: 242
Thanked 238 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Thanks for posting this information I was really confused when I saw the email about JPAY services becoming unavailable. I had so many dog-gone stamps with them too. I just sent a mail using JPAY I am not sure if it will get to him. Seems unlikely but wanted to at least use up a stamp.
Jpay emails are still available- it just the money transfers that have changed. If you want to send money that has to go through GTL .
__________________
Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAngel For This Useful Post:
Buttercream (03-14-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching UA locations... nineironninja Colorado Parole, Probation & Release 5 01-05-2012 07:35 PM
Switching Visitation Day anmyers Oklahoma Prison Visitation 6 01-07-2011 08:36 AM
Switching Off the DP mammastalkin Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions 6 01-13-2010 09:19 AM
His Jpay account can no longer be found - Help!!!!! mrscjnall Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 6 03-03-2008 06:31 PM
Qwest switching to MCI scaredinlove Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 3 05-09-2006 12:55 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics