Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 PM
here

Default Problems receiving calls?

So my in laws are having a problem getting hubby's call to go through. They keep getting the 30 second "courtesy call". They've called their phone company, and ICS and apparently decided to call Eyman today about it too. Spoke to someone there (she doesn't know who, or what department) and was told nothing more than inmates are no longer allowed to make collect calls.

His brother had the same issue, but was able to get it resolved by calling ICS, and I never had this problem at all. I honestly don't know how the whole system works, but somehow I'm the expert about this, and as annoyed as I am about having to do their work for them, I know he'd like tot talk to his parents and thy'll never fix it on their own.

And it's a land line, not a cell.

Any help? Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2017, 10:06 AM

If that is the case then he will have to set up a phone account of his own. So he puts the money on his account to call them. My man has one and I just put money on his books for him to put on his phone account.
Doesn't really explain much if you aren't having any trouble accepting collect calls still though!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:02 AM
here

Yeah, the whole no long allowing collect calls thing is weird. I've looked and looked all weekend and have found nothing that says there's been any recent changes to inmate calls. And since I have no idea who she talked to, I can't even begin to guess how out the ass that person may have been talking.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:32 AM
here

They have Cox, and eventually spoke to someone at Century Link who said they don't have a deal with Cox, so unless they get an account with ICS they can't get phone calls. I've haven't had to do that, and all my mother in law has said about it was it's $30 a month to do that.

None of this seems quite right to me, but I don't know how the phone system works so maybe it's just me. Any help, or info?

Old 02-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Liz

To call collect, which is a PREPAID ACCOUNT, I have always had to use whomever the state contracted with. I have a Cox landline and when I initially used that phone number 4 years ago, I still had to go through Securus at that time. Now the state is contracted with ICSolutions. I don't know if there is a minimum to start an account, but I don't recall their being one. I have put anywhere from $10 to $100 at a time on his account for collect calling. The maximum is $100. I avoid their DEBIT TELEPHONE ACCOUNT because you lose the money if it's not used within 6 months according to their FAQ. So, for him to call his sister I send him extra money and he buys a phone card from the commissary.

If you want to contact ICSolutions -
Phone: 888.506.8407
Email: cus
tomer@ICSolutions.com
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Sylph (02-14-2017)