Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Alabama should be posted here.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Parole Letter and Home Plan in Alabama

First off let me start off by saying, my uncle spent all of my childhood and most of my adult years in the Alabama prison system so I am familiar with how the system works, visited most of the prisons, picked up from work release and sent numerous care packages and letters. With this being said, I have never written a letter to the parole board. My uncle had his home plan a few year back at my bothers house and was released and has since EOS'd his sentence. Surprisingly a few year ago, I met a guy who was the nicest most caring person I have ever met and you guessed it he was on work release from an Alabama prison camp. I had no idea he was a prisoner and with my professional career he didn't give up that information readily. We meet "on the steets", he had a job, and a phone (his work phone) so there was no need to question his living situation. He was very upfront and honest with me and since we have fallen in love. He was planning on giving my home as his home plan but I have a prior misdemeanor charge not conviction of drug paraphernalia. Will this interfere with his home plan at my residence? Also, I am in the process of writing a letter to the parole board. Any advise or templates? I saw on another thread there was a template but I could not find it. Thanks so much y'all!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2017, 12:46 PM
Devoted Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,421 Times in 679 Posts

Actually, it would be better if you attended the parole hearing and spoke on his behalf. His parole officer would be the one to approve the home plan. Hope this helps.

Michele