Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 PM

Default Is getting parole papers a good sign?

I received parole papers from a parole officer for my husband I filled them out and sent them back have not heard from the po yet .my husband had a cr date of 4/25/17 and now that has changed cause the trc took all of his good time . He is in the program that they want him to complete which will be completed in the middle of march this year ...will they give him back his good time ? Will cr date be the same if they give him back his good time? He also got a ticket I believe a tier 3 in September of last year which he got kicked out of the program he is back in now they are giving him 6 weeks credit back for the program.. does getting parole papers to fill out from a po a good sign? When does the po come to visit the home before the inmate is released? Any answers are greatly appreciated .
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,949 Times in 6,788 Posts

Hello and Welcome to PTO. I don't know anything about the system in New York, but I moved your post to the New York Probation and Release forum where local members may be able to give you more information. Good Luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Jodi12928 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi12928 View Post
I received parole papers from a parole officer for my husband I filled them out and sent them back have not heard from the po yet .my husband had a cr date of 4/25/17 and now that has changed cause the trc took all of his good time . He is in the program that they want him to complete which will be completed in the middle of march this year ...will they give him back his good time ? Will cr date be the same if they give him back his good time? He also got a ticket I believe a tier 3 in September of last year which he got kicked out of the program he is back in now they are giving him 6 weeks credit back for the program.. does getting parole papers to fill out from a po a good sign? When does the po come to visit the home before the inmate is released? Any answers are greatly appreciated .
First BREATHE!
Sounds to me that when he completes the program, he will perhaps go to Time allowance committee, where it will be decided if they restore good time. If all good, he'go on cr. So yes, paperwork is good thing. And usually the PO does home visit 2 weeks before approved release date. But take one step at a time. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
First BREATHE!
Sounds to me that when he completes the program, he will perhaps go to Time allowance committee, where it will be decided if they restore good time. If all good, he'go on cr. So yes, paperwork is good thing. And usually the PO does home visit 2 weeks before approved release date. But take one step at a time. Good luck.
Thank you for the advice I am new to the whole prison stuff and so is he so we are both lost as to what will happen he has been in there for 11yrs and we just don't know to think