Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:53 AM

Post What is the release timetable for ISF parole violators?

Hello all I never post but I am getting the run around with information on when exactly my LO will get released. He is currently in ISF in the East Texas Treatment Facility originally when he violated they said his time in ISF would be anywhere from 60 - 90 days. When he actually got to ISF they said 45 days, but when he saw his counselor they said he would get out in 37 days. He got his certificate of completion on day 25 and his home plan was approved two weeks before that. When I called the IPO they said he was nowhere near done and had to actually stay 55 days total. Austin parole board states he has to be there at least 60 days. Ughhh I'm so confused and I'm trying to plan at least roughly around his date because depending on how they are counting he might get released on my birthday, or this weekend, or right before valentines day... some concrete information would really help. Does anyone have experience with the release timetable for ISF parole violators in this facility?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 01:51 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,472 Times in 748 Posts

Hi and welcome to Prison Talk. Sorry you haven't gotten any replies to this -- perhaps it is really just a case of waiting to see what will happen. I can imagine it must be frustrating, hang in there...!
Old 01-21-2017, 05:22 AM

Thanked 9,203 Times in 5,276 Posts

Much depends on whether they have been to ISF previously and what the issues were that resulted in the ISF placement.

First stay is generally 45 days at a minimum, but I have seen 90 day placements on a first go-round. The Board does not make the determination outside of the rare instance of 'ISF until discharge' decisions.

At least there ARE some manner of programs being offered now...for many years, it was essentially a warehousing as a result of having violated the terms of supervision. Now there are instances where some warehousing may follow program completion...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
jaided4eva (01-23-2017), Sarianna (01-21-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the responses I spoke with my LO over the weekend and they confirmed that he will get out this month but didn't give a date. At this point I have just decided to let the fact that I have no control over the situation sink in and pray he is out by my birthday this Saturday. If not its coll I guess there aren't many days after the 28 in the month.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the responses I spoke with my LO over the weekend and they confirmed that he will get out this month but didn't give a date. At this point I have just decided to let the fact that I have no control over the situation sink in and pray he is out by my birthday this Saturday. If not its coll I guess there aren't many days after the 28 in the month.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:49 PM

Im going theough the same dang thing. His inter state compacr has been approved for weeks. His class done last month. They told WV the 22nd and here we have came and went. WV still doesnt know whays going on i called everywhere and they keep saying anywhere from 60-180 days. He was sentenced to 90 days and he has never been to ISF before. Im just wondering if anyone knows who makes up the Release dates. My mothers is very ill and needs surgery on her heart and she keeps asking where he is and why isnt he out yet. Im so confused on this whole ordeal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboys lady For This Useful Post:
jaided4eva (02-02-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 11:51 PM

Thanked 9,203 Times in 5,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys lady View Post
Im going theough the same dang thing. His inter state compacr has been approved for weeks. His class done last month. They told WV the 22nd and here we have came and went. WV still doesnt know whays going on i called everywhere and they keep saying anywhere from 60-180 days. He was sentenced to 90 days and he has never been to ISF before. Im just wondering if anyone knows who makes up the Release dates. My mothers is very ill and needs surgery on her heart and she keeps asking where he is and why isnt he out yet. Im so confused on this whole ordeal.
A Board-imposed sanction of ISF is not a 'sentence.' The Board directed that he be placed in the ISF in lieu of revoking the term of supervision. The Parole Division is then tasked with determining the length of program based upon the identified needs.

A transfer under IC is not 'approved' until the paperwork has been received back in Austin from the Receiving State AND has been processed by the Release Processing section of the Parole Division. And, a specific date will not be established until someone is certified as program-complete, which is more than an instructor claiming a class is completed...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
jaided4eva (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 05:25 PM

I talked to the IPO today and they said it should be any day now. Its interesting how things are so different for each person going through ISF. There was another inmate that came to Henderson with my LO and his stamp date was the day before my LO's but he got out last Friday. Their cases were pretty much identical. I have continued to keep my word about not stressing out about it and I stopped bringing it up during our calls even if it is the only thing he wants to talk about. I can't waste our precious moments on something we can't control. More information on the process would have been great but hey knowledge is power and this system always finds away to impose its power on the people involved with it. AHHHH well..... Hopefully He will be home soon and never have to deal with this again.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 PM

Happy birthday!
Old 02-16-2017, 02:28 AM

Smile

I know it's late but thank you for the birthday wishes.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaided4eva View Post
I talked to the IPO today and they said it should be any day now. Its interesting how things are so different for each person going through ISF. There was another inmate that came to Henderson with my LO and his stamp date was the day before my LO's but he got out last Friday. Their cases were pretty much identical. I have continued to keep my word about not stressing out about it and I stopped bringing it up during our calls even if it is the only thing he wants to talk about. I can't waste our precious moments on something we can't control. More information on the process would have been great but hey knowledge is power and this system always finds away to impose its power on the people involved with it. AHHHH well..... Hopefully He will be home soon and never have to deal with this again.
Has he been released yet? My husband is still waiting tobe released and his date was suppose to be the 22nd of January. He is in Kegans ISF and Im at my ends with the whole crap. Ive went through surgery myself last week and not doing well lost 15 lbs in this little time. Stressing over him coming home isnt helping but he is my strength n world. Any info uou have could so help me thank you