Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Default He got arrested and might be extradited from NJ > PA; advice needed

So my boyfriend was finally picked up on a warrant he had out for him in NJ a couple years and the theft charges he got a couple weeks ago (i explained in my previous post how he stole from my family and they filed a report). He does have a low bail amount that his grandmother was willing to pay to get him out BUT he has a bench warrant in PA so they池e holding him to see if PA will come and get him. He said he値l find out Thursday if they will or not. Has anyone had any experience or knowledge with extraditions ??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2018, 12:58 PM

Yeah i have experience with my husband's extradition. What is your question? Did he waive extradition or is he making them go through formal proceedings? Doea he have a lawyer?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
Yeah i have experience with my husband's extradition. What is your question? Did he waive extradition or is he making them go through formal proceedings? Doea he have a lawyer?

Sorry i should have specified but I知 not sure if he waived it or if he痴 having them go thru formal proceedings. Yes he has a public defender. I guess as of now I知 just wondering the probability that they値l actually come and get him considering he has charges here too? If that makes sense
Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 PM

They will finish up with the new charges then extradite, if the state where he has a warrant wants to get him. Its expensive for them but if they want to do it they will especially if it is closeby. If he waived, they only have a certain amount of time to get him then he will be released but he will still have that warrant out. Formal proceedings take a lot longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torieoo View Post
Sorry i should have specified but I知 not sure if he waived it or if he痴 having them go thru formal proceedings. Yes he has a public defender. I guess as of now I知 just wondering the probability that they値l actually come and get him considering he has charges here too? If that makes sense
Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
They will finish up with the new charges then extradite, if the state where he has a warrant wants to get him. Its expensive for them but if they want to do it they will especially if it is closeby. If he waived, they only have a certain amount of time to get him then he will be released but he will still have that warrant out. Formal proceedings take a lot longer.

Oh okay, thank you so much for informing me. I知 not sure how all of this works. I suppose I値l know more after he finds out on Thursday if they池e going to get him or not
The Following User Says Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-09-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

Torieoo - sorry about your situation

I moved your thread to our NJ forums for better replies re. extraditions