Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 06-09-2015, 03:51 PM

Default Boyfriend moved from Corrigan to Niantic

Hi everyone - my boyfriend was sentenced in May, put at Corrigan and told he would be going to Walker for assessment, but weeks went by and here we are a little over a month into it and instead of going to Walker, he was moved to Niantic Annex yesterday. Is this a good sign? He has gotten paperwork twice already with his parole eligibility date moved closer. We were really happy to have him moved there because we'll finally have contact visits but I don't want to get my hopes up if this is just a transitional period before somewhere else. His paperwork states that he is a level 2. Is it possible that he'll stay at Niantic for the whole sentence? Which is supposed to be 50% of 2.5 years.

Any helpful information would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2015, 09:15 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi and welcome to Prison Talk! I am really glad that you decided to join us--and hope that this time goes quickly and easily for you.

I wish I could offer you some solid information...I know more about LONG term sentences--unfortunately.

As a level 2 he can go to a number of facilities. Level 1 is reserved for folks who are in halfway houses, etc. Here is the listing of facilities; you can click on them to see what levels are included. Unfortunately you can't reliably predict whether his whole sentence will be spent in Niantic. DOC has to weigh many factors such as population, numbers, risk levels, etc., and balance that across the state to insure maximum safety for each facility. If your boyfriend stays out of trouble it is more likely that he will be left alone...and 1 1/4 years can go quickly (I hope!).

You may find this page helpful as it addresses a number of questions folks may have. You might want to refer to the Friends and Family handbook which is contained in these links. I also recommend looking through the Administrative Directives. Whenever I have a question I tend to refer to this as it provides me with the DOC policy and helps me to anticipate what may happen.

Sorry I could not provide the help that you were seeking. Welcome once again! I look forward to getting to know you.

So...What's your point?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:31 PM

Thank you for your response! He actually wrote to one of the counselors who told him there is no plan to transfer him as of right now. So that was a relief!

Once he was sentenced, I spent a lot of time researching things (which is how I ended up here) but I have read through the Friends & Family handbook which I found to be helpful. And I check up on the DOC website frequently, just to keep myself on top of things.

He does plan on staying out of trouble and has already looked into getting a job to keep busy. Plus now that he's at Niantic, he can go ahead and start with the programs that he was told he has to complete. So hopefully he does stay put.

Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to dah1389 For This Useful Post:
InsomniaCT (06-13-2015)