Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmcm
I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with all that drama at the California Institution for Men (CIM-a CA state prison) that happened on Sat. If you go to the CA forum you can read all about it. I know that state and Fed are different systems, but I did read that most CA state prisons are on lockdown and this one in particular had to call in help from many local prisons over the past few days. Victorville is in the same county as CIM so maybe some people that work there have to help out at CIM. Just a thought...
Most prisons go on lockdown when a riot takes place, they lockdown all or most prisons in order to avoid a statewide disturbance which happens sometimes, if word spreads then other prisons start rioting too, they may not stay lockdown as the prison where the riot happened, but they do lockdown until they feel it is safe to remove the lockdown. From what I have heard in some of the other threads on this website, CIM will resume visiting on January 13.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2007, 04:27 PM

I was going trough alot more threads I i'm pertty sure it does have to do with that riot from CIM and to what it looks like so far, most prisons will resume with visits on the weekend of the 13th. I'm just hoping there will be visits this weeken for Victorville USP cause i miss my baby, but if there is not then i guess i dont have much of a choice till the weekend of the 13th.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:51 PM

Believe me, I know how you feel. My flight is supposed to be tomorrow morning and I can cancel it up until then (with a $100 penalty) so I was hoping so badly that the lockdown would end today and I could still go. I still have my hotel reservation because that was non-refundable. I just have this feeling that the lockdown will end sometime tomorrow, I will have missed my flight, and I could have gone all along. That would be horrible, but, for your sake, I hope they have visits this weekend.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
So far away

so this explains everything ..... why i havnt heard from my guy.. i was so worried.. LOL...

Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
So far away

I think i got a call from my guy at victorville tonight.. it said unknown caller on the caller id.. and due to my family being over and being obnoxious.. i missed the phone call..maybe lockdown is over? Who knows.. i would call once more before your flight to find out and make sure.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 AM

I guess it could have been him, but I doubt it. I called there last night and this morning and they're still on lockdown. The guy said that he would seriously doubt there will be any visits this weekend.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Yes they are still on lockdown. I just called and the CO said that YES they are still on lockdown, so I guess i wont be seeing him this weekend. Well jensmcm it is much better paying a hundred dollar fee than flying all the way over here and not being able to see your honey. Even if they do get off lockdown on Saturday better safe and sure then sorry.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
So far away

I am supposed to go down and visit in Feb.. i really really hope this does not happen to me.. i dont have the money for all the cancelations and stuff... did you ask the airline if you could just have it as credit? I know they did that for my friend, he was supposed to go to oregon and his mom passed so he couldnt make it. Now he has that extra "credit" on that airline. This all makes me nervous. Im thinking why ould they be on lockdown so long for riot that happened some other place? Maybe some of the guys in there got dumb ideas and had to ruin it for everyone =/... sorry guys.. i hope u get to visit sometime soon.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM

I just got a call from my boyfriend, he said they only gave him 5 minutes to shower and to call home so he can let us know that he is doing fine. He said they still remain on lock down due to the CIM riots but he will be able to call as soon as they are off lock down. So i guess it is a foresure thing that they wont be having visits this weekend up at USP Victorville.
It was good to hear his voice for that one minute.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
I am supposed to go down and visit in Feb.. i really really hope this does not happen to me.. i dont have the money for all the cancelations and stuff... did you ask the airline if you could just have it as credit? I know they did that for my friend, he was supposed to go to oregon and his mom passed so he couldnt make it. Now he has that extra "credit" on that airline. This all makes me nervous. Im thinking why ould they be on lockdown so long for riot that happened some other place? Maybe some of the guys in there got dumb ideas and had to ruin it for everyone =/... sorry guys.. i hope u get to visit sometime soon.
No I dont belive that the guys at Victorville got stupid, but since USP is close to Chino Prison and the riot there was perty big I think they did it for precaution. Since my boyfriend has been in Victorville it has been an okay place. Well I hope when it is your turn to come down here to visit your love one everything is all under control and that nonsense stops. The good thing about me is that I only live about 45 minutes away so I don't have to go trough the flights and reservations. So ladies my heart goes out to you guys cause trust me before my man got transfer closer to home i use to do all that flying and hotel stuff.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM

jvavau I'm so glad you got a call from your boyfriend, even if it was only for a minute. I know you had been worried about him. Now I'm really hoping I get a quick call too, but I'm not sure he would call if he knew he only had a minute because he'll know how upset I am about not being able to visit and I already know he's okay since I got that call from the CO. You are soooo lucky that you live so close! We're going to be talking about requesting a transfer as soon as possible, that's for sure. Do you happen to know how often they grant those and what is required? Anyway, even though this lockdown thing really sucks, at least there are a few of us here to talk to one another...it really helps!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:31 PM

jensmcm, I really don't know how them special request work, but my boyfriend was in Penssylvania for about 3 years that was real hard for us cause he was on the other side of the US. I hope your love one gets transfer to home soon cause like i said i know how that is. I also agree with you, there my be a few of us in this forum but at least we have us few to support each other. Be strong and patient.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the support. Well, I just got my one minute call too and it was great just to hear his voice. He thinks it will be at least another week until they get off lockdown! Can you imagine? That's ridiculous. He was like last time someone got killed it was 3 weeks. Now I'm wondering if someone there was killed...maybe it's not just about the CIM riot?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Well, I'm so glad for you that you got your one minute call. That one minute kind of puts your mind at ease ha? Well It will be sad if they have to remain on lockdown for another hole week. I miss him so much I already want to go see him. About someone getting killed, OH God I hope not. Well jansmcm I'm glad you got your one minute call cause I know how you are feeling Happy but at the same time worried. Well if anyhting changes that you know about or if i hear about any other changes please keep me infor and i'll make sure i do the same. Take Care
Old 01-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Angry

My friend, who is at the Victorville Women's FPC, asked me to search the Internet for information on what happened at the Victorville men's prison last Saturday (she heard there were two deaths). All I could find was information on the Chino riot. I told her about that and how all other local prisons were in lockdown because of it. She just sent me another message saying that the new "A & O" girls at Victorville FPC have to go work at the Victorville men's facility every day because of the "lock down". Apparently, the girls make 1700 box meals times 3 everyday. There are 30 girls that work 12 hour days every other day. It's very rough on their feet on an assembly line. The men can't work. Anyway, the guards told them that 2 inmates were killed and guards were hurt. When my friend's husband was on his way to visit my friend at the FPC on Saturday, he saw all the emergency vehicles going to the "pen". My friend also said that the girls on the track heard the gun shots in the air and the inmates were told to get down on the ground in english and spanish. The girls were told that they are talking about the lock down lasting 30-90 days. My friend's final comment to my was "why no article in the paper or news? I hope she's wrong, but since she's adjacent to the men's facility and heard it from the new girls who are working at the "pen" . . . This is very wierd.

Sandy
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyinCA
My friend, who is at the Victorville Women's FPC, asked me to search the Internet for information on what happened at the Victorville men's prison last Saturday (she heard there were two deaths). All I could find was information on the Chino riot. I told her about that and how all other local prisons were in lockdown because of it. She just sent me another message saying that the new "A & O" girls at Victorville FPC have to go work at the Victorville men's facility every day because of the "lock down". Apparently, the girls make 1700 box meals times 3 everyday. There are 30 girls that work 12 hour days every other day. It's very rough on their feet on an assembly line. The men can't work. Anyway, the guards told them that 2 inmates were killed and guards were hurt. When my friend's husband was on his way to visit my friend at the FPC on Saturday, he saw all the emergency vehicles going to the "pen". My friend also said that the girls on the track heard the gun shots in the air and the inmates were told to get down on the ground in english and spanish. The girls were told that they are talking about the lock down lasting 30-90 days. My friend's final comment to my was "why no article in the paper or news? I hope she's wrong, but since she's adjacent to the men's facility and heard it from the new girls who are working at the "pen" . . . This is very wierd.
Sandy
Thanks for all the info. That really worries me. I just hope the lockdown does not last 30-60 days, that will really suck. I have been looking at the news and at the internet and i dont find anythig relaying to this. I'm really worried. But like you say your friend works adjacent to the Pen. so she must know more then us. Once again thank you for the info that is really appriciated. Can you please keep us inform of any new information your friend relays to you, that would be highly appriciated. Thanks jvavau
Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 PM
So far away

I knew it had something to do with death and a CO getting hurt...i am hoping they arent going to be on lockdown for another week!!!.. ahh.. i dunno what id do with myself.. i have a Q.. are they allowed to write/send mail during lockdown?? Like i said.. i am still pretty new to this.. been writing for a year but never dug too deep into questions like that..

Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Donation Award 

I saw many sad visitation cancellations while I was behind bars. There is nothing either of you can do about it, you are just fortunate that this time it didn't happen while you were on the way, or out in the parking lot. I have seen this happen a number of times, and listened to the guy on the inside trying to figure out how to get a message out to his loved one. It is equally hard, on both sides of the fence.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
So far away

you know... i dont want to theadjack.. but since i have never visited.. can you guys tell out wht your first visit was like? like the process? did you know your loved one prior or no?.. im probably goign to hve 100 questions on ll this stuff.. im glad to have PTO =)~

ohh yea.. if i wanted to go about in calling victorville to ask them to see if my friend is ok (since i havnt heaard from him).. how would i go bout doing so? would they tell him i called? Do i have to be on some kind of list in order to get the info on him?..

Last edited by Chitownbyrd; 01-06-2007 at 10:31 PM..
Old 01-08-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Victorville Lockdown

I still haven't been able to locate any further information on last week's purported incident at the Victorville prison. As you all know (see my prior post), the CO's at the Victorville "pen" told some women prisoners at the adjacent women's FPC where my friend is located that two were killed and some injured, gunshots were heard and emergency vehicles seen approaching the prison. But if such an indicent resulting in injuries and/or death did occur, I find it very hard to believe that there would be nothing about it in the media. Surely an injured person's family member would have been notified and alerted others out or someone at the hospital would have said something and the local paper would have quickly picked up on it (we all know that even idle gossip get's sensationalized by the media). I guess it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities for CO's to make up such stories, but what about all the other stuff? Anybody else hear anything further, especially about the length of the lockdown?

Sandra
Old 01-08-2007, 05:44 PM
So far away

I got a letter from my guy today.. all he said was "weve been on lockdown all week, there as a pretty bad killing so everything is under investigation"... they are also having a super shakedown.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:09 PM

I got a letter today too and my boyfriend said that he doesn't have any details, but "apparently someone got killed." The lockdown actually started on Friday though (seems odd since the incident was rumored to have happened on Sat.). He also said that tension has been very high there for awhile now and there have been a lot of stabbings recently, but he never mentioned it before because he didn't want me to worry about him. That's all I know, but it would be nice if we could get some definitive answers!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
So far away

Yea.. lots of stabbings.. i hear about every one of them.. weird ythe lockdown sarted friday.. i got an email from my guy on friday night.

I agree.. i need to know how long they will be on lockdown..

Old 01-09-2007, 02:35 PM

I just got another message from my friend who is at the women's Victorville FPC. She heard the lock down will last for a least 30 days. They say that officers were hurt too. She is not on lockdown and neither are the other 2 men's facilities. Just the maximum security. There has been fighting in the cells as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
So far away

UUUGGGHHHHHHHH WTF that pisses me off to no end! im supposed to visit that first weekend of feb, which if it were 30 days that would be the first open weekend.. which means it would be packed and i would possibly not be able to visit the whole time right?