Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 AM

Question Can I find out information about FBOP disciplinary reports?

Hi everyone,
Sorry to be straight forward, but Iím about to lose my mind with this whole ordeal. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to find out information about an incident report or ďshotĒ that your loved one in federal prison received??

My dad got an incident report for something minor, but later on got pulled and shipped off to another location and claims he doesnít know why. I received an email from his friend saying to tell my dad to drop all his BS and stop ďdoing the stuff he likes to doĒ. However he will not tell me more, as thatís kind of the understanding with everyone there. You donít rat.

Anyone know how I can go about this? Iím sick to my stomach and just need to know whatís going on and obviously wonít find out any information from my father.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,619 Posts

Unless he tells you, or his actions result in additional charges, you won't be able to find anything out.

He may have received a minor ticket and then been moved. BOP likes to move people and they do it ALLLL the time.

Sorry, but you'll only know what he chooses to tell you.
fbopnomore (03-22-2018), Ms Sunny (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I've moved your post to the federal forums
Old 03-22-2018, 10:06 AM

What is it that youíre asking? Did you want a copy? That you wonít get. BoP is very particular on the fact that the inmate is the one serving the time and as an adult, will receive all documents and communications directly. If you want a list of what the violations are, they are online. Iím on my phone, not the computer, but there is even a forum here that lists them I believe.

If you want to know why youíre dad was transferred, itís going to be speculation unless heís honest and tells you himself. He has a problem of sorts. Maybe they let him get away with it for a while and finally wrote him up and shipped him out. We here donít have the why. Iím sorry youíre going through this
Old 03-22-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Unless he tells you, or his actions result in additional charges, you won't be able to find anything out.

He may have received a minor ticket and then been moved. BOP likes to move people and they do it ALLLL the time.

Sorry, but you'll only know what he chooses to tell you.
Hm, thatís frustrating. Not like he would ever tell me the truth. Thanks for moving my thread!!! Iíve been on here a year and a half and still canít figure out this site sometimes haha
Old 03-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
What is it that you’re asking? Did you want a copy? That you won’t get. BoP is very particular on the fact that the inmate is the one serving the time and as an adult, will receive all documents and communications directly. If you want a list of what the violations are, they are online. I’m on my phone, not the computer, but there is even a forum here that lists them I believe.
I don't believe FBOP lists any violations online. I've been corresponding with inmates in the feds and was engaged to one for several years and never saw or heard of such a thing.

*Edit* Miscommunication! I thought you meant there was a website you could look up a specific inmate's violation list.

Last edited by Fridyrr.Likn; 03-22-2018 at 10:26 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
AR1234 (03-22-2018), DanielsWyf (03-22-2018), His_Queen13 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,507 Times in 11,446 Posts

To find a list of all of the conduct violations, and their possible punishments check the last few sections in his prison's A&O handbook. From your other posts, it looks like your Dad is still "doing stupid things", but the only way to know what the bop is doing about it is if he tells you, or he catches a new outside case for an actual crime committed in prison.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/search.jsp
Old 03-22-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
What is it that youíre asking? Did you want a copy? That you wonít get. BoP is very particular on the fact that the inmate is the one serving the time and as an adult, will receive all documents and communications directly. If you want a list of what the violations are, they are online. Iím on my phone, not the computer, but there is even a forum here that lists them I believe.

If you want to know why youíre dad was transferred, itís going to be speculation unless heís honest and tells you himself. He has a problem of sorts. Maybe they let him get away with it for a while and finally wrote him up and shipped him out. We here donít have the why. Iím sorry youíre going through this
No, not a copy. He sent me a copy of the first violation and it was ďassaultĒ due to tapping a guard on the shoulder. 1 month of being out of the SHU, and they pulled him back in and shipped him off. The email from his closest friend telling me to tell my dad to ďstop doing what he likes to doĒ is just whatís getting under my skin. Iím 23 and have dealt with my dadís alcoholism for 15+ years and Iím exhausted, and just needed to know if that was part of the issue.

What violations are listed? Any violations that he got in incident reports?

And thank you for your sympathy. Sometimes I just feel in over my head and just want to not be involved in all this anymore, but easier said than done right?
The Following User Says Thank You to AR1234 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:27 AM

[quote=fbopnomore;7709598]To find a list of all of the conduct violations, and their possible punishments check the last few sections in his prison's A&O handbook. From your other posts, it looks like your Dad is still "doing stupid things", but the only way to know what the bop is doing about it is if he tells you, or he catches a new outside case for an actual crime committed in prison.

Hm. Yeah, I figured. Just thought I would ask on this forum to double check there was no way of finding out. My dads never been honest with me so itís not like he will be now. I will check out the violations and possible punishments in the handbook, to see what the punishment for alcohol would be. He didnít get moved up a security level, so maybe Iím just being pessimistic. I appreciate your help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AR1234 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-22-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
I don't believe FBOP lists any violations online. I've been corresponding with inmates in the feds and was engaged to one for several years and never saw or heard of such a thing.

*Edit* Miscommunication! I thought you meant there was a website you could look up a specific inmate's violation list.
I thought this at first too! Haha. I got all hopeful.
The Following User Says Thank You to AR1234 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1234 View Post
I thought this at first too! Haha. I got all hopeful.

Sorry, yeah I meant a list in general of violations. I didnít know you had the violation sent to you. Since your dad has an alcohol problem and youíre aware of it, then it seems like you have your answer. Sometimes thatís all we need; to know someone else is going through this with us. We may have different circumstances but I know how you feel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-23-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (03-23-2018)