Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 03-25-2015, 10:09 AM

Default Sister Going To Shakopee,MN jail

My sister is going to shakopee jail with a 48 month sentence. i was just wondering what are some of the rules and guidelines to getting her out as soon as possible. Like good behavior, work release, etc.. My sister just had a kid and we want her home as soon as possible. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,111 Times in 11,742 Posts

This is what MN DOC says about it.

In the 1980’s the State of Minnesota instituted a series of reforms to the state’s correctional system. One of the biggest reforms was Determinant Sentencing. Under this system there is no parole board and no time off for good behavior. Offenders serve two-thirds of their prison sentence behind bars and the remaining third on supervised release.
http://www.doc.state.mn.us/pages/ind...vision-101faq/
Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 AM
Jeg Elske Reid

They have a program when she first goes in..rules & regs etc. Honestly as long as she stays out of the drama she'll be OK.

Reid & Cheryl

We Are Getting Close !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to reidsbaby For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-09-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

I am in MN, I believe the sentence shown on the DOC website is the 85% that they will serve behind bars that fbop mentioned above. It is true we don't have any sort of parole board, so the best care scenario is that outdate listed on the website, I do not know of any programs that are available but my brother has been out for about a year and a half and things change frequently so I would suggest having her talk to her case worker. Definitely staying out of trouble, following the guidelines as best as possible and working and programs available (classes, getting a job, etc) is the best she can do for herself.

If you ever need some extra support feel free to PM me, I am a sibling of the incarcerated individual and from MN so I have been in your shoes !

oops, just realized this is old, I hope you, your sister, her baby and the family is doing well !!