Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:09 PM

Default Transfer to another county

Hi everyone,

My man gets out in 60 days, i moved out the county where he got arrested. i moved out of LA county to Riverside county. do anyone knows the process/ how long it will take to transfer county?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,041 Times in 13,752 Posts

I do not know how long it will take them to process a transfer.
I hope someone can come along and assist with this question......

Luck to you guys

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (02-14-2018), SunShineDani (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:14 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,994 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineDani View Post
Hi everyone,

My man gets out in 60 days, i moved out the county where he got arrested. i moved out of LA county to Riverside county. do anyone knows the process/ how long it will take to transfer county?

With your man only having sixty days left. More then likely a transfer isn't going to happen now. He will need to follow his reporting instructions as he receives them. Upon reporting he will need to explain to his parole officer that he needs to put in for a transfer to Riverside County Then take it from there.
I hope Riverside county has softened up over the last couple of years. My last dealing and every dealing before that got nothing done from Riverside as far as accepting transfers or granting them. Riverside County tries and run the parole office and the unit like they don't answer to anyone but their selves.
I hope things have changed I personally do not like to do anything in the County of Riverside if it pertains to the courts or state parole . Best of luck with this journey .

Last edited by Patrickj; 02-14-2018 at 05:43 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-16-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 06:57 PM

thank you....i hope its a smooth sailing with them as long as he follow there directions
Old 05-14-2018, 01:32 AM
No Matter what

Default Ahhh 😑

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post

With your man only having sixty days left. More then likely a transfer isn't going to happen now. He will need to follow his reporting instructions as he receives them. Upon reporting he will need to explain to his parole officer that he needs to put in for a transfer to Riverside County Then take it from there.
I hope Riverside county has softened up over the last couple of years. My last dealing and every dealing before that got nothing done from Riverside as far as accepting transfers or granting them. Riverside County tries and run the parole office and the unit like they don't answer to anyone but their selves.
I hope things have changed I personally do not like to do anything in the County of Riverside if it pertains to the courts or state parole . Best of luck with this journey .

Wow I was just going to inquire about this. My husband lived in Monterey county 19 years ago and I live in riverside county, I was hoping he could possibly transfer here. This scares me. My husband's release is in 9 months, I wonder how I could go about getting him here?

Old 05-14-2018, 01:33 AM
No Matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShineDani View Post
Hi everyone,

Hello, was your husband granted transfer to riverside county?

Old 05-14-2018, 03:57 PM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
Wow I was just going to inquire about this. My husband lived in Monterey county 19 years ago and I live in riverside county, I was hoping he could possibly transfer here. This scares me. My husband's release is in 9 months, I wonder how I could go about getting him here?
If you two are married and he has a strong job offer . His possibilities of getting a approved transfer could improve greatly. Especially if you have a residences in Riverside County. It has been two years since I have dealt with Riverside County, maybe they have done some staff changes also. .
Lets hope that these two pending changes to the departments rules get approve
Assorted Parole Revisions (NCR 18-04)
Transfer of Parole (NCR 18-05
)
sidewalker (05-15-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 04:50 PM
No Matter what

Yes we are legally married. I live in Riverside county and I have school and work in this county. My husband had high points when he was first incarcerated 18 years ago and now has very low points and is a low risk. He will complete 19 years incarcerated in a few months, Im so clues less as how to find job offers for him after all this time. When we were considering intrastate transfers it stated he needed to start the process 4 month prior to his release, I wonder if he has to request his county transfer around that time or when parole calls him prior to his release.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:28 PM

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
Yes we are legally married. I live in Riverside county and I have school and work in this county. My husband had high points when he was first incarcerated 18 years ago and now has very low points and is a low risk. He will complete 19 years incarcerated in a few months, Im so clues less as how to find job offers for him after all this time. When we were considering intrastate transfers it stated he needed to start the process 4 month prior to his release, I wonder if he has to request his county transfer around that time or when parole calls him prior to his release.
The problem here is getting his counselor to do their job. Counselor just like to do everything the easy way rubber stamp everything Correctional Counselors, are a waste of time from my experniced with them doesn't matter if they are a CCI -CCIII they all have the standard response " I'll get back to you on that".
Your husband can try and ask his counselor if he/she would put in for a parole transfer. Then take it from there.
The thing about the job is just a catch 22 thing. They want us to have a job when we get out but no one wants to hire us. He will find as long as he tries and isn't getting in to any kind of trouble. He will do just fine. Big adjustment coming for him
sidewalker (05-15-2018)