Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, etc in Nevada should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:41 PM

Default Housing Help after Parole

I’m looking for someone that can help me. My fiancée is patroling on September 11, 2018. My question is I moved into an apartment about 4 months ago in Henderson, Nv. The apartment is under my name and qualified with 3x’s the rent, I didn’t put my fiancée a name on the lease because he needed to be present. Here’s my dilemma, my fiancée was told that some HOAs and or apartments deny a felon from moving in. Does parole and probation talk with the apartment complex before him moving in? Would I need to have this discussion with them prior to parole and probation? Could the apartment complex deny him moving in even though I’m the one on the lease? Breaking the lease and moving again would be horrible.

This is really stressing me out as my fiancée has a high profile case for a family tragity and parole and probation has railroaded him time and time again.

Last edited by Msstacee21; 05-21-2018 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Miss spelled
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2018, 01:18 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,989 Times in 15,132 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO Take a minute to read your lease, it may specifically say that no felons are allowed. Yes, landlords, HOA, apartment management can & often do deny a parolee's home plan. PO's can & often do speak with landlords, HOA, apartment management, etc prior to approving a home plan.

You can either move or take a risk that his home plan will be denied due to not having suitable housing. If your luck holds out, no one asks any questions & there won't be any problems....but that is a risk you need to discuss with your boyfriend, asap.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-21-2018, 01:23 PM

How will you know if parole and probation will or will not speak to the landlord? Do they disclose that info before hand?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:51 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,989 Times in 15,132 Posts

There's no way to know in advance, that's why its a risk.

patchouli, PTO Admin