Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 PM

Default Housing for parole

My brother is getting release feb 2012. About 7 months ago he put in a tranfer to texas because thats where all his family is at etc Mother and Father plus me but it was denied becasue they said Texas was close they wasn't accepting new transfers. He have no family in CA. Where do they expect him to stay? If he have to stay on the streets he should just come out here and get a violation because its to cold to be on the streets. Do parole put homeless parolees in half way house or anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts

It may be possible to go to a homeless shelter, or something else like that?
They sure dont make it easy to get thru, thats for sure.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

So is his parole to San Bernardino?
They want them to parole to the same area,not just California in general.
I know some counties have good will programs,etc...something to check into.
Does he have drug abuse issues?
Some counties have church run programs like Victory Outreach around here too.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arroyo44 View Post
My brother is getting release feb 2012. About 7 months ago he put in a tranfer to texas because thats where all his family is at etc Mother and Father plus me but it was denied becasue they said Texas was close they wasn't accepting new transfers. He have no family in CA. Where do they expect him to stay? If he have to stay on the streets he should just come out here and get a violation because its to cold to be on the streets. Do parole put homeless parolees in half way house or anything?
If he has parents or siblings in Texas, and if California approves the transfer, then Texas CANNOT deny it! It is called a mandatory transfer. I am not sure how he could have put in a transfer to Texas 7 months ago, they won't let you put on in until 120 days before release. Unfortunately, now many prison counselors will not process them at all so he will end up having to parole to California, but once he does he should have his parole agent start the paperwork for the transfer to Texas, it usually takes about 2 months
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Default Transfer

Some states will give you a travel permit ranging from 30 - 90 days that states specifically for the purpose of "establishing residence and work" while waiting the approval of the interstate transfer. So a parolee could go to his home state while awaiting approval, however I know California is merciless and creates, wishes and hopes for failure for a parolee. So while it should be within the guidelines of rule to give such a travel permit, it would be counter productive to California's goal to make a parolee fail so I don't know if they would give you one, but it certainly never hurts to ask. Maybe 2Sleepy could weigh in.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade123 View Post
Some states will give you a travel permit ranging from 30 - 90 days that states specifically for the purpose of "establishing residence and work" while waiting the approval of the interstate transfer. So a parolee could go to his home state while awaiting approval, however I know California is merciless and creates, wishes and hopes for failure for a parolee. So while it should be within the guidelines of rule to give such a travel permit, it would be counter productive to California's goal to make a parolee fail so I don't know if they would give you one, but it certainly never hurts to ask. Maybe 2Sleepy could weigh in.
actually it is against the interstate compact rules to give an offender a temporary transfer while the interstate transfer process is ongoing. The only exception would be if the offender was living in the receiving state when arrested in California