Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 AM
DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES
Donation Award 

My baby brother has been in and out of the prison system since 17 years old all for the same crime. He was sentenced to 10 years deferred probation in 2003 for a cs w/ intent to del. Not to mention a 18,000 fine the boy is 17 where in the hail did they expect him to get that type of cash?? My brother was 6 yrs + 3 kids into his probation n not even 5% paid they pressured him so much he quit going. So when they did catch up with him they gave him 6 months boot camp n gave him 10 yrs more probation and he still owed the money. Seriously? The system set my brother up for failure. The pressure was on again with 3 kids+ most of his life in jail+ a felony conviction +owes a yrs salary to stay out of prison +can't get a job = more criming ----->this time it's federal!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM
patiently waiting

Hello I am new to this forum. I have posted on the NKSP forum concerning my husband. But now that my younger brother has now promoted himself from juvenile offenses to prison I now have a larger problem of dealing with a husband and brother in prison. He is in Wasco and hopefully will be home soon in about 4 months.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 AM

Hello. Just introducing myself here. My brother is in prison, sentenced to 26 years and has already done 7. He is on level 4. I hope to find support and friends on here. It is very difficult to deal with and affects me every single day.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 PM

I am new to this as well. My Brother is in MCCX. I haven't gotten any letters from him in months.. It's not like him not to keep in touch with me.. I am REALLY starting to get worried about him. The last time I didn't hear from him in a while he was in a really bad fight, and wound up with with some damaged ribs, a fractured wrist and dis located shoulder. I DREAD what has happened this time.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM

Hello i am also new to all of this. My brother went in in july and already has been moved 3 tmes. It' s hard just to get letters to him. Some he gets and some he doesn' t, is it usual for them to be moved so much? He' s in for 5 yrs.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM

You might ask your question on the NC prison forum, plus may be different regarding State or Federal...I am living in NC, but my LO is incarcerated in IL...sorry, I can't help...hang in there..it will settle down eventually..
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Hello all, just introducing myself since I'm new to the forum. My brother has a drug problem and has been in and out of county and city jails on petty, nonviolent charges for about a decade now. His longest stint was a year, I think. This time, however, he has landed himself in a mess with multiple felony charges, one violent. He is currently in a county jail and awaiting trial in Arizona. I suspect that he is headed to state prison for 4-5 years.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Hi! I've been on this site for a while but it has been because I have a boyfriend who is currently locked up. Well, about a week and a half ago, my younger brother went to jail. He is looking at doing a few years unfortunately. So now I am on here not only for my boyfriend, but for my brother. It's a very weird spot to be in. I'm not entirely sure how to cope with the situation, so I'm hoping this forum will help me with that. Thanks for reading

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM

hi im new to pto too. im only 15 and my 19 yearold brother is locked up. he was sentenced 12 months on november 2012 and im finding it so so hard to cope without him. we grew up really close like best friends and i honestly just dont know what to do. someone please help me cope. thanks guys <3
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Hello Jlemo11. My brother has been incarcerated for about 4 years now on a 12 year term. He and I are also very close and when he was sent away it was one of the most difficult things ever. The best that I could do for myself and for him was/is to be of support for him, write to him, set up the phone to receive calls from him. One of the things I was told that is most important to our loved ones is to not forget about them. I found that writing out my thoughts (even if I didn't send them to him) was helpful. I read daily inspiring messages and try to maintain a positive outlook. While our loved ones are away, we must be able to be the light for them and encourage them to serve their time as best they can. Encourage him to obtain work within the facility or to take a class or two. Doing those things will help him get through the time and will keep him occupied while moving himself forward. Best to you and your brother.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Hi, jlemo. My brother was incarcerated for a year one time and, like you, I found it extremely difficult at first. It got easier as the year went on because it started feeling like it was passing faster than I thought it would (not sure if that makes sense). We stayed in touch mostly by letters and had one visit. Whereisthelight gives great advice above. Also, take care of yourself and try to continue doing things that you enjoy--your brother would probably want you to. Hugs.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:02 AM
&quot;what*u*give&quot;

Red face Texas..

Hi! My lil' brother first went 2 FBOP bck in 2011 for a gun charge after only being out of state 8 months for drug charges. He was charged with 1st degree murder along with gang activity when arrested on the gun.He now is doing life in Fed. I havent seen him but once since 2011 & that was very brief during a visit that i went 2 but wasnt able 2 go in room due 2 I.D. issues, i managed 2 open the door & tell him i luved him & see him for like 5 mins. This has been very hard on me cuz im the only sister, the oldest. Our other brother wasnt having nothing 2 do with the lil' one & i got upset over that which caused issues beteen us. So honestly this has been Hell. On top of that my man is also in FBOP. We r from Texas.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Becoming Mrs. Deans
Donation Award 

I have two younger brothers incarcerated....one is in Federal prison and will be released next May(he will have done 11 years) and my baby brother is basically in for life. They gave him 43 years and he has been locked up since he was 19. He will actually be 35 on tomorrow, May 31st. This has been hard for me trying to be the big sister and trying to be there for them along with my fiance' being incarcerated as well. Just glad to know that I am not alone in all this.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 AM

Hey all,

I have a brother currently serving a 10 year term (robbery, assault, carjacking). He has spent his entire adult life in and out of facilities and also on the street, but this is the longest term and the worst offense to date. It has previously been petty, drug related and non violent offenses so this was very out of character for him.

Happy to say, that he is over half way done with his term and seems to be in a very positive mind set.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:12 AM

Smile New to site, my brother is in prison and i have a question

Hi All, hope this is the right place to gain insight into the prison transfer stuff. My brother is currently in the ASPC Yuma and is being transferred as I write, does anyone know where or how long it will take before I learn of his new prison home. Just curious if anyone has been through this and if they can offer any help. A bit nerve racking to say the least.....Thanks for your time
Old 08-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Probation Defer Sentence

Default I will miss my Brother too...

Right now my brother is in the County waiting to be sent to Texas Prison. He had his Probation Revoked on a Defer Sentence. Received minimum 25 years. Before I stepped in to try to help him. There were some violations already filed. It's been very emotional for me. These past several months we were just getting very close. I just saw a difference in his personality. How life was getting tougher and harder. While on probation he learned about how his Health was changing. Now taking meds. I will miss him especially in the evenings when we took Momma for a walk in her wheel chair and more his awesome cooking. In the mean time, I will be seeing him as much here and will be seeing him where ever he gets placed in the Texas Prison.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:13 AM

Default We can survive this.

Hello everyone. My older brother was sentenced to life after he was found guilty of murder. Even though we write letters to each other, I have not seen him since I was a minor, 7+ years ago. I'm here because it is tough having a loved one in the prison system. I want to encourage you to not lose heart. I can get through this and so can you.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,163 Times in 11,768 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and thank you for continuing to support your brother. I'm sure it is very important to him too.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 PM

Default Big Sister in Cali

Hi my name is Darla I am from California my little bbbrother just got 75 months for Man ll his counselor at CCIC told him he'd be going to Two Rivers next week. My brother has had many issues including a self inflicted head trauma that left him permanently completely deaf in his left ear and blind in his right eye. Ddoes Two rrivers have any sort of Medical setting does anyone know?
Old 04-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Donation Award 

I am new here. But I have enjoyed reading some of the posts. Its so comforting knowing that I am not alone! My sister reported a few days ago to Dublin California. She has a 7 year sentence. Can anyone tell me how much time is possible to reduce this sentence on good behavior. Has anyone spent time at Dublin? Thank you!
Old 12-28-2017, 07:10 AM

My baby brother's in jail because he got threatened to take a deal for a charge he didn't commit... Basically the system failed him and the victim in every possible way. I'm here to find out rules on how to support him.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,626 Posts

Welcome to PTO, Ibip. I hope you find what you're looking for here. Remember to breathe, it's not always easy to remember that sometimes.