Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, half-way houses or release in Maryland should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Default I'm on home detention and have a parole hearing tomorrow

Im on home detention for 1 year ( the lady said i should be doing 10 months on it though )... I only been on it for about 2 -3 months so far and i have a parole hearing already tomorrow, is this a good thing? What is a parole hearing like ?... this is my first time dealing with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 09:50 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,418 Times in 14,513 Posts

Welcome to PTO I'm not familiar with Maryland....will it be a face-to-face hearing? Video conference hearing? Or a File Review?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Welcome to PTO I'm not familiar with Maryland....will it be a face-to-face hearing? Video conference hearing? Or a File Review?

Thank you... I think it's a face to face because the home detention lady recommended that I wear dress clothes to the parole hearing...
The Following User Says Thank You to Pwhiteiii For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,418 Times in 14,513 Posts

The Board will be looking for remorse & accountability: Take full responsibility for whatever you were convicted of, no excuses. If you get the chance, let them know what you're doing now to correct / improve your behavior, goals for future improvement, and what you've learned from this experience.

My Mr always says that the "meaner" the Board members treat you, the more likely you are to get parole. Don't know if that's true, so let us know tomorrow how it went

Good luck!!

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-09-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 AM

You shouldn't have any problems if you are following the guidelines of home detention and are working.

Are you using a private home detention monitoring company in Maryland or is it a state issued one?