Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 09-30-2005, 05:53 PM

HI,
My name is Jessica. I'm 9 years old. My brother got sent to prison for drinking under age at a bar. I miss him so much. Some of my friends are asking where my brother is because they know him and have seen him before. Sometimes it makes me cry. I told my best friend, Kelly, and she said that she prayed for me. But I cry every night before I go to sleep. It makes me dream of the times we spent together, and when I wake up, I feel that he is still in the other room next to me. But when I hear my sister waking up, I cry because I know that Bubba isn't there. It makes me feel bad because I miss him so much. Please tell me what I should do something to clear off my mind about him so I want be sad. PS He's the best and only brother I will ever have.

JK
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Sister of Brett Hartmann
Donation Award 

Default Sister of DR Inmate

Hello.
I live in Arizona, but I have a younger brother who has been on Ohio's DR since 1998.
I'm not totally new to PTO, but I want to thank everyone who has made me feel welcome here.

Jessica, I know right now is a very hard time for you. Write letters to your brother, that will make him seem not so far away. (That is what helps me). And remember...he will be home.

Last edited by thinkink; 09-30-2005 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: addition to comment
Old 10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum Jessica. I am sorry to hear about your brother and I know how you are feeling. As thinkink said, writing letters and sending drawings etc will help both of you feel less apart and lonely. I think that's one of the most important things you can do right now and before you know it he will be home with you again.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Donation Award 

Thinkink-Welcome to the Siblings Forum. I am so sorry to hear about your brother and I hope you will visit here often and keep us updated on his case.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:14 PM

I wish I could say the same but I know that my brother will be home also it just can't get here fast enough.Best of luck to you and keep us posted we all want to know how he is doing.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Jessica, welcome to PTO. I am sorry about what happened to your brother. My brother is in prison too. I find writing to him helps a lot, and this is a place you can always come to, blessings to you and your brother, Atalie
Old 10-06-2005, 01:43 AM
~I love my lil brother~

Gosh Jessica, I am so sorry.
My little brother was just sent to prison Sept. 27th and I know how hard it is. I have an 11 year old daughter who just adores her uncle and misses him so much. So I can understand your pain. I am pretty new here too. Since I have joined I come on here every night and it helps me so much. The people here are so kind & caring. Whenever you need someone, they are always here. I have even made a couple buddies that I chat with regularily. It helps so much. I worry about my little brother so much and miss him lots. I write him just about every night. Make sure you write to Bubba a lot. I think that will help the both of you get through this. I will pray for you & your family. Take it one day at a time and know that it is ok to cry, I do it often myself. You take care of yourself!

'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.'
Old 10-08-2005, 07:38 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hi to allnew members. I thought I was checking this forum pretty frequently, but so many of you are new. PTO is a great place to get support and make friends. Bless you all, Atalie
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
*everyone needs love*

hi my name is angela and my brother is in prison...he will be there for a very long time....so i had to find a place where i could come and get some information about the NC prison systems....and thus far its all been bad .....so i am kind of in shock about how things are ran in NC and in the whole US for that matter...but i would just like to say hi and thank you all for letting me join the community with everyone as well...

angela
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Angela -Welcome to the Siblings Forum- I am sorry to hear about your brother but I am so glad you found us. If you haven't already you should check out the North Carolina State Forum for information.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hi Angela, welcome.

CATHERINE
Old 10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Account Closed

Hi everyone. I'm new here too. I'm 17 and my brother's serving a 4 year sentence in Illinois. He's got 14 months left! (Thank God). I just wanted to say hi
Old 10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome BabyTony to the Siblings Forum- glad you found us! I am happy to hear your brother will be out in 14 months -hopefully they will go by very quickly.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Account Closed

thank you!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM

hello jessica, angela and anyone else that is new to the sibling forum. I am a mother of five boys 22, 20,11,9 and 3 years old the oldest one is the one in prison. and I tell all the other boys to pray,write to him,send pictures. I know it is very hard for you and I hope that the days go by faster and know that this is not forever.my oldest son told all the younger ones he is in big boy time out and to remember that everything has consequences. we all need to be good and stay strong. we can all get through this its just really hard just remember to pray and god will help you.god bless you have a good day.anna
Old 11-20-2005, 03:25 PM
WASHING FEET

Default New

hEY, I TO AM NEW TO THIS PTO. MY BROTHER IS HAS BEEN SENT TO BUTNER IN NORTH CAROLINA...DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THAT PLACE IS/ i AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HIM. THANKS. JUST CALL ME WASHING FEET!
Old 11-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Donation Award 

Hi WASHING FEET and welcome to PTO and the Siblings Forum. I am sorry to hear about your brother and I know how worried you must be but this is a great place to come to for support. You can do a 'Search' on Butner (top of the page) and see what information is in the North Carolina Forum and check out the Federal Forum too.Just ask if you need any help!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:34 PM

hi there. my brother was recently sent to prison in june of this year for a term of 6-15. i miss him very much also, so i can really relate to how everyone feels here. PTO has been a real comfort to me since i found it, and the information has taught me alot of important things about the prison system i otherwise would of not known. i appreciate all the support i feel here, and i am hoping that i in turn can be of some support to all of you. best wishes to everyone for a happy holiday. take care!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum snuggles! I am glad you found us because, as you said, this is a great place to come to for support and information- helps so much when you know others know exactly what you are going through and dealing with. Happy Holidays to you and looking forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM

I appreciate your warm welcome. Happy Holidays to you also.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome, Snuggles & Washing Feet. May everyone have a happy holiday season.

CATHERINE
Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

Hi...I've put this off long enough.... my baby brother is currently in County awaiting trial on a dozen felony charges.....I don't understand this at all, I KNOW this guy and it's just not in him to do what he's charged with....and he's 32 now but all I can see when I think of him is this pair of great big brown eyes in a nine year old face....Anyway, hi....now I have my Whateverheis AND my baby brother to fret about.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Donation Award 

LeBeau- Welcome to the Siblings Forum! I am sorry to hear about your brother and I know what you mean when you just keep seeing him as a child (all those childhood memories too ... ). Sending positive thoughts that his trial will go well -please keep us posted. Try and stay strong.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:38 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Lebeau, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I know what you mean when you say you see his face as an innocent child. It is hard to think of them committing the crimes they are accused of. Let us know what happens, and visit the forum frequently, we are a great comfort to each other.

CATHERINE
Old 12-23-2005, 08:38 PM

I am new to PTO. I am so happy I found this site. I just found out my brother could possibly do 8 years. I ve been very depressed since finding out.