Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 12-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the PTO Siblings Forum rb916! I am so glad you found us. I am sorry you are depressed right now. We all understand how you must be feeling but this is a great place to come to for support and information so come often as it really does help. Just ask if you need help finding your way around.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2005, 08:17 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

RB916, welcome to PTO, you will find much support and information here.

CATHERINE
Old 12-25-2005, 08:22 PM
*everyone needs love*

welcome to pto...... i wish i could say my brother was coming home......maybe after the appeals i can say it but until then i love him anyways .... i can tell you just to be there for them in there journey.....they need support of family......

angela

Last edited by jlsjr4ever; 12-25-2005 at 08:24 PM..
Old 01-06-2006, 02:00 AM

Default Hello

Hi my name is Cassy and I have a brother that is serving time in Missouri Department Of Corrections , My fiance is also doing time in a federal facility . I have adjusted to them both being gone . My brother is doing 120 day shock Treatment and my fiance is doing a 5 year bit and he is due to get out in 2008 ( that is his projected release date) It really helps them alot when they get mail from there loved ones and their families . Even when they call they like to joke about things . You got to keep your chins up for them ladies .

Strong Enough Club #64
Tats Club #
Loving My Man Club #28
Old 01-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Cassy and welcome to the Siblings Forum!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:11 AM

Default New here

Hi I am new here also I think this concept is wondarful. I wish I would have found it sooner. I live in a small town with alot of close minded people who think and treat me as if I am a criminal also.

Shirley
Old 01-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the PTO Siblings Forum momofoneinga!!! Glad you found us.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hi Cassy and welcome to the siblings forum.

CATHERINE
Old 01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Shirley, welcome to you also, not sure if I had done that. There are small minded people everywhere, just remember they have exactly that, small minds. You will find open minds and open hearts here.

CATHERINE

Last edited by Atalie; 01-12-2006 at 11:32 AM..
Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 PM

I am also new to this place..My mom actually found it and mentioned it to me...I think its a great idea...Ive wanted to find people in similar situations as me and my family..because noone else can relate...My brother was recently sentenced to 26 yrs on Jan 9th....Im still in shock...It juss seems like a nightmare,and Im waiting for someone to wake me up...Yet the reality is that its just what it is...Reality...I broke down in court and after court...and since then Ive held it inside..I wanna be strong for my brother and the family...My outlet has been writing,it seems to help me a little bit..but I think that talking to some of you may help me even more..because I just dont know how to deal with it all quite yet..Like I said,Its been almost 3 weeks since my bro was sentenced...but he was in prison awaiting court for almost a year...me and Jason are so close and although this tragic situation had happened,I wont allow it to come between the bond that we have and have had our whole life...I feel that people judge too much from the past,and due to that fact,it makes him look like hes the bad guy...when theres no doubt in my mind he took the blame for the other person...from what Ive been told,he has only one appeal and Im hoping that we will be able to prove his innocence...he does not deserve to be going through this while the other person is out free to roam and do whatever they please...God knows who the innocent one is,and Im hoping that the truth will set my brother free in due time...Jason is being transferred this week to a closer facility,which is a great thing..because hes been in raleigh the past year and its atleast 6 hours away...so with him being closer,and having a visit a week,Me and my family will beable to see him...I write him as often as I can and alway send a poem out that I have written on my own,with every letter or card I send...It lifts his spirits up....I also try to talk about things that we'll do when he comes home,though noone knows when that might be...But I have to keep his hopes up and let him know that there still is hope and faith to guide us through this trying time...I myself cant even imagine what he is going through right now,and I know that though I am not as strong as he is,I would switch places with him,if even for a day,so he could smile and not have a worry in the world...well I think Ive typed half of a novel right now...so I will write more later on... All of you are in my thoughts and prayers..and I appreciate the site more than youll ever know...Thank You!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Donation Award 

MissinMyBroInNC - Welcome to the Siblings Forum -so glad you found us here! I am really sorry to hear about Jason-good though that he will be closer so you can visit him regularly. As you said, writing is a really great outlet-keeping a journal, writing to Jason, coming here and writing and keeping us posted- all of it can be really therapeutic. Hope you will come often and I am glad your Mom found it too-this site can help the whole family.Just ask if you need help finding your way around.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Unhappy

Thank you,I appreciate the welcome...and I will def come often...Im like I said before,Still in shock..it hasnt quite hit me that my big brother whom is only 2 yrs older than me is startng to serve a sentence for 26 yrs...It juss seems like when he was younger and he would go to county for a few months...It juss doesnt seem like this is all really happening...I dont even know what to think or how to feel...Im hurt and crying inside,yet I show no emotion on the outside to anyone I know...Its amazing what a smile can hide....take care everyone

Last edited by MissinMyBroInNC; 01-26-2006 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-31-2006, 09:49 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome MissinMyBroInNC, you will find much support here, we understand more than anyone what it means to have a brother or sister in prison. So come back frequently. Blessings, Catherine.

CATHERINE
Old 01-31-2006, 11:26 PM

Wanted To Say Hello & Welcome all the New Comers To The Sibling Forums!

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Default siblings forum intros

missinmybroinnc-i know just how you feel.my little brother is doing life without for 25.he has been in for 3 years now and is going for his appeal in march.my brother is not as close to me as yours .im in michigan and he is in kentucky,so we dont get to visit as often as i would like .he has noone down there to visit so the letters help alot.its still a shock to me even after all this time .i hope with time it gets better for you and for me.
i keep alot inside as well .there seems to be alot of people going threw the same thing in here so hopefully it helps to get threw this tough time
Old 02-19-2006, 05:16 AM
Account Closed

G'day everyone. I am a 21 year old female from Australia.
My brother who will be 24 in June is currently on remand where he has been for nearly the past 7 months. He is due to be sentenced on the 9th of March.
This is his first offence and it's kindof a bad one though, he dealt a commercial amount of ecstasy to his so called mate who then went and sold it to undercover cops.
Anyways, enough of the ramblings.

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. So HI!!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Lauren - Welcome to the Siblings Forum- so glad you found us!! It's great to have a member from Australia.I am sorry to hear about your brother- I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers and please let us know what happens at sentencing March 9.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Account Closed

Thanks for the welcome. I've been looking at this section of PTO for a while now, but tend to stay in the Australian section :P.
Thanks for keeping him in your prayers. And no problem, I shall keep you all informed.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM

Welcome Lauren1984 and I know you will find all the support you need here.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:48 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hi Lauren 1984, welcome to PTO and the siblings forum.

CATHERINE
Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Account Closed

Thanks Bkny and Atalie
Old 02-20-2006, 06:39 PM

Hello Lauren 1984...Welcome To The sibling forum.

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Account Closed

Thanks Snuggles.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:41 AM
waiting patiently

Thumbs up

HI MY NAME IS BILLY'S ANGELL WELL MY BROTHR IS LOCKED UP HAS BEEN SINCE SINCE I WAS 11 AND THATS WAS ALMOST 15YRS AGO STIL HAS TILL 8 MAYBE 9 YRS IT USE TO NOT BOTHER ME CAUSE I DIDNT REALLY NO HIM AND I WAS A KID BUT NOW MY HUSBAND IS LOCKED UP (BILLY) AND IM TRYING TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BROTHER CAUSE IT LONG OVER DUE AND HAVING MY HUBBY THERE HAS MADE ME SEE THAT PRISON CAN BE REALLY LONELY IF YOU HAVE NOBODY WELL I JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW WHO I WAS SO TAKE CARE AND HOPE TO TALK TO YOU ALL SOON

I love my bad boy!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum billy's angell- glad you found us! Are you able to visit your brother at all or do you write?