Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM

Default Rules for Early Transitional Leave in Oregon?

Can someone tell me what the rules are for Rules for Early Transitional Leave in Oregon?
My husband is getting released early from an AIP program at PRCI on early transitional leave and Ive heard that special rules apply- are they individualized or general rules for everyone???

All most there!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

There are the general conditions of post-prison supervision, which apply to those on transitional leave and then there may be some special conditions as well. And, depending on the county, the person on transitional leave may be required to participate in a weekly group meeting with all AIP folks and their P.O. or something like that. I believe that, in Lane County, all AIP folks on transitional leave are required to live at Sponsors Re-Entry program.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
MrsJMay (04-22-2013), Scott (04-21-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Default Oregon Trans-Leave and SSDI

I feel this is very important to post to those in Oregon (not sure about any other States) who are being granted transitional leave (considered being "still in DOC custody") and expecting to receive their SSDI entitlement once released. As long as you are considered to be under "DOC Custody"... Social Security will NOT even talk or accept your application! Me and my parole officer found out the hard way! See, I was on SSDI before going into Coffee Creek and spent less than a year there... so 'expected' that I could easily re-activate my SSDI -wrong! Since I was granted the 30 day early trans-leave (soon they will be granting up to 90-120 days earlier release)... I had to WAIT until my 'official/expected' release date before Social Security would even start the procedure! In other words, I got released in Sept but the first check won't be received until Dec (but wait... there's more... they're taking out right off the top, all the "past" Medicare Part A premiums at $100 a mth while I was in BECAUSE I didn't send in a form to cancel Medicare -even tho they cancelled my SSDI as they KNEW I was in Coffee Creek-they said "they are two separate programs")! UNBELIEVABLE! That's just with a 30 day earlier release!

I can't imagine anyone with disabilities having to tack on another 90-120 days WITHOUT any income OR their Medicare to survive on, once being released from prison!! WORSE is that they won't TELL you any of this BEFORE you apply, accept or even until after you take the early trans-leave and are released! Personally, I would NOT take no damn trans-leave... KNOWING I would have ZERO income/medicare for up to 6 mths! That's just too much of a burden to place! I feel like 'somebody' is double-dipping in such scenarios!! The prison is still 'counting' you in for funds, so Social Security won't??? My p.o. is still trying to work on them to correct this ridiculous 'fallen crack'... but said they aren't getting anywhere with it right now! I feel at minimum, they should at least INFORM those who are accepting these trans-leave deals in having a choice PRIOR to getting out earlier than their 'official' release date! I'm so Blessed to have some good friends who are stepping up to help me -while our government keeps dropping the ball of DISFAVOR towards societies weakest links!
The Following User Says Thank You to checkin2 For This Useful Post:
TLAn4ever (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Default Early Transitional Leave in Oregon means:

Being granted any early transitional leaves in Oregon simply means that IF you violate any terms of your 'probation' release (getting in ANY kind of trouble) during that "trans-leave" period of time (30, 90, 120 days -whatever days you were granted for earlier 'trans-leave' release)... then they can swoop you right back into prison to do your FULL time (without no good time, trans-leave, AIP -nothing included for any earlier releases)... WITHOUT any 'court proceedings' to declare you guilty or not even -Hence the, "still under D.O.C. custody"! Basically, if you KNOW you can follow and be a perfectly good, law abiding citizen during and throughout that entire 'trans-leave' time... then go for it! If you're 'iffy'... then it's probably best just to serve the time one gets that honors 'good time, ect." Also, I believe they keep a little closer 'watch' on you... like random visits, pee tests, curfews... following ALL requirements and reports at the place you are being transitioned to. In other words, going to your assigned classes, following curfews, pretending to be on an ankle bracelet and being pee tested daily during that 'trans-leave' period and you will be fine! If not or you can't, well just expect to be going back to do your originally set 'day-for-day' time if you're going for trans-leave and can't make 'er! Tho AFTER your 'trans-leave' time and you are on your regular post-prison supervision or probation... then they have to have you go thru regular court proceedings to find you guilty or not of any "new" or violating probation charges that could send one back to prison! See the difference? Hope this helps!

Last edited by checkin2; 11-02-2013 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Clarifying
The Following User Says Thank You to checkin2 For This Useful Post:
TLAn4ever (11-03-2013)
Old 01-11-2016, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
There are the general conditions of post-prison supervision, which apply to those on transitional leave and then there may be some special conditions as well. And, depending on the county, the person on transitional leave may be required to participate in a weekly group meeting with all AIP folks and their P.O. or something like that. I believe that, in Lane County, all AIP folks on transitional leave are required to live at Sponsors Re-Entry program.
I am on transitional leave right now. If he had a drug related crime then he will have to go to outpatient treatment and call that facility daily to see if his number is called for a UA. He will have to look for a job. Stay clean and out of trouble. If he can't wait to start smoking meth, shooting heroin and pounding 211 40's while driving around in a stolen Honda then it probably won't work out for him. If he stays clean and works on finding a job and takes his treatment classes then he will be fine. It's all up to him
The Following User Says Thank You to Introverted For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-11-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Timelord

I've attached a few PDF's that have current information as of January 2016. Of course things change day to day
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STTL_Analysis_2016.pdf (766.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: pdf Overview of STTL to add to August minutes.pdf (10.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf wccf-october-2015.pdf (328.0 KB, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to sabihondo For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-25-2016)
Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introverted View Post
I am on transitional leave right now. If he had a drug related crime then he will have to go to outpatient treatment and call that facility daily to see if his number is called for a UA. He will have to look for a job. Stay clean and out of trouble. If he can't wait to start smoking meth, shooting heroin and pounding 211 40's while driving around in a stolen Honda then it probably won't work out for him. If he stays clean and works on finding a job and takes his treatment classes then he will be fine. It's all up to him
So i know somebody on trans leave who is shooting meth driving around w/out a license and he goes to the property where he was arrested at and stored his stolen stuff and harasses the tenants by cutting electric connection.. Cant he get. In trouble?
Old 06-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,810 Times in 3,069 Posts

Quote:
So i know somebody on trans leave who is shooting meth driving around w/out a license and he goes to the property where he was arrested at and stored his stolen stuff and harasses the tenants by cutting electric connection.. Cant he get. In trouble?
He can get in very much trouble. He can be sent back to prison, or have new charges filed against him and be forced to do the time he owes plus a second sentence on top of that.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:04 PM

My spouse is due to get out in January 2020 on trans leave he being told that if he’s not on the lease of my apartment he will be denied the trans leave I reside in Washington county which is also where he will be paroled to is it a law to DOC or parole that he has to be on my lease
Old 06-15-2019, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,810 Times in 3,069 Posts

It has to be his "legal address" for him to release there, which is open to interpretation. Apparently, they're interpreting "legal address" as "being on the lease".

Why they do this, but accept "homeless" as a legal address is beyond me.

If your lessor doesn't allow felons to be on the lease, you may need to move. I'd look in the Aloha area or maybe Forest Grove or somewhere in the more rural parts of WA county. Often individual landlords are much more lenient than the big property management companies.

On the other hand: only 6 more months!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
MrsButters (06-16-2019)