Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:08 PM

Default What is EPRD? Who sees the board?

Today my boyfriend got a print out with his eprd. Itís says 12/23 but on CDCR it says 3/25 which is his full sentence. It kind of didnít make since to me because he also said he owes 230 days before he see a change in the 12/23 date since he had excessive write ups. Does eprd mean earliest possible release date or earliest parole release date? Iím confused at this point. I asked him and he says he doesnít go before a parole board. Who is the parole board for?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,691 Times in 15,324 Posts

To be honest, Im not sure who has to go before the parole board.
I know my hub did not. He served 85% of the sentence he was handed down and then paroled. (he didnt have any write ups)
Maybe the parole board is for those serving those sentences that are not fixed?

That's my dog's nose art

Old 07-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,924 Times in 7,773 Posts

Determinate violent offenders (unless maxing out), indeterminate sentenced I know see the board. NVO is a parole process and is a paper hearing, no interview.

EPRD-- earliest parole release date. Meaning if they are granted parole, they could be released as early as that date.

Have you checked the locator again? I know it updates on a schedule and sometimes it trails a few days behind. I would look again. If the dates are different than what he has on paper, take a screen shot and send it to him to address with his counselor.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-03-2019)