Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Default DRDC Point System

Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me the exact factors that are used in classifying somebodys custody level. I expect to go to prison on probation violations. I am also going to have a massive detainer over my head on a cocca indictment. Is it still going to be possible to get a minnimum class level with the detainer? Anything I can do to keep points low?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Donation Award 

I don't recall every factor for the classification points. I know violent offenses receive higher points, length of sentence is used, education level is used, i.e. if you have a diploma it equals lower points, substance abuse is used and I know there are many more factors. Good luck to you.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Re

I found it
Looks like even if I score min a detainer like this will put me in medium
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0600_01_051517.pdf (529.0 KB, 7 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Caponeal49 For This Useful Post:
valdemago (06-25-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caponeal49 View Post
Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me the exact factors that are used in classifying somebodys custody level. I expect to go to prison on probation violations. I am also going to have a massive detainer over my head on a cocca indictment. Is it still going to be possible to get a minnimum class level with the detainer? Anything I can do to keep points low?
If you have a detainer, you will not go to a minimum facility.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:12 PM

How long is an inmate at drdc and why in the heck is it taking ao dang long for them to move my husband from the denver county jail on smith street to the drdc on smith st. And if its his first time in prison and its an f5 with only 2y stretch will they put him in a minimum?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Donation Award 

They move them to DRDC when they have open beds at DRDC. You should be able to monitor his status on the inmate locator. The length of time at DRDC also depends on when they have open beds at the assigned facility. DRDC is a hard time especially for the families. It takes a while before they can call. They are locked down 23 hours a day. They are released a pod at a time and the first ones to the phones are the ones that get to call. My loved one was there for a couple - few weeks and my family was able to visit one time before he was moved. Make sure he has money on his books and it will be transferred with him. Write to him often. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:18 AM
Blueyes

Years ago, my man had to go to Fairplay jail (with a bunch of other offenders) and wait there until there was a bed open at DRDC. He was there for a couple months.