Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Closed

Question After MWI how often does it turn into something real when back in the big bad world?

Hi everyone (new here). Just wondering how many of you are out there who met someone while they were incarcerated, so you never met them before on the "outside", and then turned it into something real when they got out? Whether that's a friendship, relationship, continued correspondence, ANYTHING? I've been writing to my penpal for almost two years now and I can't wait to meet him. Unfortunately I'm in Australia and he's in America so any visit would be a huge undertaking. Is it worth it? I'd also love to hear everyone else's experiences cos in Aus its very rare to be writing or meeting people while they are in prison. Is it more common in America? Thanks everyone and I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Thankyou from Australia
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,132 Times in 3,711 Posts

Just wanted to say Hi, I'm a fellow Melbournian

Im not in an MWI relationship, my boyfriend and I were in a relationship prior to his incarceration. But I think you'll find that it IS possible to maintain a relationship with someone you've never physically met before through letters and calls. It can turn into a very intimate thing. There are LOTS of success (& failures too - worth noting) stories here on PTO - especially on this MWI forum. So it IS definitely possible!

The Following User Says Thank You to J&D7 For This Useful Post:
Esther922 (06-25-2009)
Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

Welcome, I too am not really an MWI, but there are lots of ladies here on this site that are, you are not alone. I think it is fairly common here in America for couples to meet via a prison pen pal relationship.

I wish you luck, if you have very stong feelings for this inmate then you should think about visiting here in America.

You would like to come to America for a "vacation" anyway, right?
Plus you would get to meet your pen pal.

Please tell us more, like what state, facility he is in and how long on his sentence?

I am sure the ladies here on MWI will give you good advice and ladies form your man's home state will help you understand more things if you decide that you want to come to America to visit.

Best Wishes.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,853 Times in 10,458 Posts

For many of us our MWI relationship was "real" long before he/she came home. You can find alot on this subject by using the search feature. Here is one such example:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...highlight=real

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following User Says Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
Esther922 (06-25-2009)
Closed Thread