Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:50 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,637 Times in 4,050 Posts
Default GTL tablets are down no messages or calls until GTL can resolve the issue.

We used to message back and forward all day . I really miss that and we used to have hour long calls at night sometimes up to 3 hours on a weekend .
Now he waits in a line for our 20 mins on the pod phone then he gets back in line and hopes he gets to the front again before they lock down. Whatever Gtl are doing they need to sort these tablets and compensate inmates for the games and music they have paid for and not received.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (07-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Donation Award 

I understand. We have a relative that just underwent a very serious surgical procedure and I can't send an update message. I will send a jpay letter but it wi;l be a day or two before he gets it.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
We used to message back and forward all day . I really miss that and we used to have hour long calls at night sometimes up to 3 hours on a weekend .
Now he waits in a line for our 20 mins on the pod phone then he gets back in line and hopes he gets to the front again before they lock down. Whatever Gtl are doing they need to sort these tablets and compensate inmates for the games and music they have paid for and not received.
We got spoiled with the hour calls. I told my husband not to wait in line, so he will call whenever there is a free phone.

My husband filed a grievance to get his money back.

I know the issue isnt with GTL but with DOC.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:20 AM

Just had a message from GTL stating that messaging will be suspended state wide until further notice. Seems like they'll be getting their tablets back though?
The Following User Says Thank You to genrecore For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 AM

Thank you for the update if they are suspending just messaging then hopefully the tablets can be used for phone calls .

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrecore View Post
Just had a message from GTL stating that messaging will be suspended state wide until further notice. Seems like they'll be getting their tablets back though?
They collected all of the tablets at my husband's facility and told them to contact GTL for refunds on any outstanding credits. Doesn't sound like they will be coming back.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
genrecore (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
They collected all of the tablets at my husband's facility and told them to contact GTL for refunds on any outstanding credits. Doesn't sound like they will be coming back.
Oh wow, really? This is so frustrating, if only someone (GTL or DOC) would just clue everyone in on what's happening!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:27 PM

This is so frustrating I wish they would let us know what is going on. I got the message suspension message from Gtl. But if the tablets are being collected it looks like they are going altogether.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 04:23 PM

I went online to Offender Connect and we no longer have the option for messaging. The only options we have is trust fund and telephone. My guess is those will be gone soon as well. He is probably looking for another vendor.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:15 AM

Same happend to us yesterday there is no option for messaging and all messages are gone
Old 07-19-2018, 03:38 AM

Default GTL tablets are down no messages or calls until GTL can resolve the issue.

There is no longer the facility to message on the website or on the. App. My LO has been removed from my contacts list.
It appears we will get credits returned for messages that we have sent that havenít been delivered. I canít see the point of them giving us message credits for a service we canít use. If they are no longer providing services they need to give us our money back

Old 07-19-2018, 03:43 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Yep, sounds like the tablets were considered a failure.