Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:39 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,640 Times in 4,051 Posts
Default GTL tablets are down no messages or calls until GTL can resolve the issue.

I was wondering why I didn't get my call or messages last night and then I saw this

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdoc

News item regarding the GTL tablets being down.

The phones in the recreation areas are still available. However if your loved is on lock down there may be a wait to hear from them. Hopefully GTL can get this resolved soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army

Last edited by maytayah; 06-16-2018 at 08:05 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I was wondering why I didn't get my call or messages last night and then I saw this

The phones in the recreation areas are still available. However if your loved is on lock down there may be a wait to hear from them. Hopefully GTL can get this resolved soon.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering why I hadn't gotten a reply to my message!

Old 06-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Good thing my hubby doesn't have his yet.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Donation Award 

And my knock on GTL is that there will not be a credit for the time the tablets are down. Purchasing the subscriptions becomes a purchase at your own rick for our loved ones.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
And my knock on GTL is that there will not be a credit for the time the tablets are down. Purchasing the subscriptions becomes a purchase at your own rick for our loved ones.
That's exactly what my husband said. He pays for 30 days of music and they won't give credit for the days that are down

Old 06-16-2018, 06:12 PM

Gtl just carry on making money out of people who can least afford it and donít care tuppence if they donít get the service they are paying for.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
nancyginnm (06-16-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 03:27 AM

Has anyone heard when the tablets may be up and running again. I have heard not until July but thatís crazy. I am missing my messages and my hour long calls.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Has anyone heard when the tablets may be up and running again. I have heard not until July but thatís crazy. I am missing my messages and my hour long calls.
I have contacted GTL and was told they are waiting for DOC approval on the solution. I then contacted DOC and was told that tablets are down for "maintenance and security upgrades" and an ETA on a solution could not be determined.
Per DOC, phones are available in the day room for offenders to use. However the phones at Trinidad have been off and on intermittently. DOCalso fails to mention that there is two phones per 90 guys in the unit.
I personally think it is a contractual issue and DOC is to blame $$$. I would not be surprised if they do away with these tablets and try going with another vendor.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Bumkins (06-25-2018), genrecore (07-08-2018), JAMming234 (06-24-2018), maytayah (06-25-2018), Sarianna (06-24-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 01:30 PM

According to Limon staff it's a firewall issue with the tablets and it will likely be mid July at least before they're switched back on they wouldn't say whether our LOs will be reimbursed for their subscriptions
Old 06-28-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrecore View Post
According to Limon staff it's a firewall issue with the tablets and it will likely be mid July at least before they're switched back on they wouldn't say whether our LOs will be reimbursed for their subscriptions
I don't buy it. Been dealing with DOC too long. I'd been my last dollar it's a contractual issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
genrecore (07-08-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
I don't buy it. Been dealing with DOC too long. I'd been my last dollar it's a contractual issue.
I agree entirely! Also ... Anything GTL can do to make an extra buck they do, too. But hey, let's just hope we're being overly cynical and it's simple and resolved soon come on CDOC/GTL, prove us wrong!
The Following User Says Thank You to genrecore For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 05:34 PM

I think itís going to be long running. Gtl must be losing money the longer this goes on . I hope they reimburse our loved ones for the music and games they paid for. Somewhere someone will be benefiting from this but itís not our loved ones

nancyginnm (06-30-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Donation Award 

I highly doubt they will reimburse anything. This is not the first issue we have had with the tablets and I was told by a GTL rep that it is use at your own risk. No reimbursement for down time.
The Following User Says Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
I highly doubt they will reimburse anything. This is not the first issue we have had with the tablets and I was told by a GTL rep that it is use at your own risk. No reimbursement for down time.

That is so wrong I am without words. The inmates who lost music and game subscriptions deserve their money back.

nancyginnm (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrecore View Post
I agree entirely! Also ... Anything GTL can do to make an extra buck they do, too. But hey, let's just hope we're being overly cynical and it's simple and resolved soon come on CDOC/GTL, prove us wrong!
Totally agree - except - I thing it's anything DOC can do to make an extra buck! I REALLY hope i'm wrong. I got spoiled with the hour long calls!!

Old 06-28-2018, 08:50 PM

I totally miss the hour long calls and at times that suited us. Now itís pod time and if the queues are long itís just one call a day and if I miss it thatís it. Guess I been spoiled.

Sarianna (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 11:16 PM

Someone told my son they were installing software that will block prisoners from logging into other prisoners accounts on their tablets. It’s been a huge problem for my son. People will camp out by the phones & figure out what another prisoners pin #s are then log into their accounts & order subscriptions using the other prisoners $$.

I’m all for adding security. I’m tired of the money I send my son being used for subscriptions he doesn’t even want.

I agree tho - no matter what the reason, the delay is on the DOC side for sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somom For This Useful Post:
Bumkins (06-29-2018), Sarianna (06-29-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 06:28 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somom View Post
Someone told my son they were installing software that will block prisoners from logging into other prisoners accounts on their tablets. Itís been a huge problem for my son. People will camp out by the phones & figure out what another prisoners pin #s are then log into their accounts & order subscriptions using the other prisoners $$.

Iím all for adding security. Iím tired of the money I send my son being used for subscriptions he doesnít even want.

I agree tho - no matter what the reason, the delay is on the DOC side for sure.
So one thing I know was happening is that someone would have a subscription and they'd be willing to share that sub with other people in their unit so they'd share their pin. GTL doesn't like that. So they're probably locking the tablets to 1 person usage. Which probably means they'll have to be wiped each time a new inmate gets that tablet.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
So one thing I know was happening is that someone would have a subscription and they'd be willing to share that sub with other people in their unit so they'd share their pin. GTL doesn't like that. So they're probably locking the tablets to 1 person usage. Which probably means they'll have to be wiped each time a new inmate gets that tablet.

The inmates arenít being given any information about whatís going on. No hint of when this will be resolved.

Sarianna (07-03-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 12:58 PM

I heard some places have their tablets back up and running. Does anyone know if there's any truth in this?
Old 07-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Not in my loved ones facility they have no information about when the tablets will be working again. If anyone knows please let us know I am so missing my hour calls and messages. I know they can use the pod phones but the lines are so long.

genrecore (07-09-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Not in my loved ones facility they have no information about when the tablets will be working again. If anyone knows please let us know I am so missing my hour calls and messages. I know they can use the pod phones but the lines are so long.
Totally agree. Per DOC (as of Friday) tablets are still down at all facilities. I know for sure they are down at Ark Valley and Trinidad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
genrecore (07-09-2018), maytayah (07-09-2018), Sarianna (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 06:17 AM

My loved one is spending all his yard and pod time in the line for the phone. I have told him not to as I want him to get exercise and fresh air . I miss him but itís not fair on him.
The inmates have no info about what is going on with the tablets and itís been nearly a month now.

Sarianna (07-10-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM

Thank you. I figured it was just "yard talk" about others having them back. This is taking far too long now, incredibly frustrating!
The Following User Says Thank You to genrecore For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

My husband couldn't even hear me on the tablet, we decided to just wait for the phone. it's no big loss other than messages. He even told me that he'd rather I have the money to play WoW than to pay for messages anyway