Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM

Default Inmates being moved to new Private Prison in Marion!

Good morning, everyone spoke to my hubby last night he has informed me that they will be moving inmates today from Marion Correctional to North Central. About 18 inmates were told to pack up yesterday, without warning, they have started to choose which inmates are going to the new private prison. Just an FYI.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shawn'sWifey For This Useful Post:
dayder18 (12-31-2011), katydidit17 (12-18-2011), scoopster (12-17-2011), Sweetswife (12-17-2011), Verytiredmom (12-16-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 01:57 AM

also some from Dayton to Hocking without notice as well this week
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM

some from n.c.c.i. are being moved to the old marion juvenile detention center too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Naejones For This Useful Post:
Shawn'sWifey (12-26-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 05:21 PM

I just had a visit with my son and he told us the rumors are rampant about the upcoming moves of more inmates to the newly privatized prisons. He hears that the "good" inmates (without behavior problems or health concerns) will be transferred to the private places and he is of course worried what effect it will have on him. It would mean a couple more hours travel for us as well so I would not be happy.

Has anyone got any updated info on this or heard any of the same rumors??? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

This is crazy !!! So I need to tell my son to act up so that he can stay close to home ???? Where my son is currently is FMC, which was "supposed" to be a honor's camp....they keep sending guys from CRC there and lots from Hocking.....I just don't understand. I just hope you all see me on the 11 o"clock news if they ride my son out....
Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 PM

Agree! My son is tan pants and just wants to quietly finish up his last year so he can get back to having a life. I don't know if this is any thing more than a rumor going around (which there always seem to be more than enough of!) But sometimes they turn out to be true. I was just wondering what any one else had heard about this (if any thing at all).
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

I had a visit today with my son and he knew nothing more. Although he did say that the CO's are being moved around and many are losing their postions. It would be crazy for my son to be moved, he is 20 mins away from me and 5 mins from his father and my other son. so, for now we all need to be on the same band wagon and communicate with each other is so important... ( actually it is a wine glass I am really holding )
Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
U had me from Hello...

Yeah...my man is at MARION and they just brought in 150 new CO's and they also moved inmates out. He's not in the bunch yet to be moved, but as we know, that can change overnight too. I was there and had a three day visit and it was wonderful. I love the visits at Marion. I told him to stay there just for the visits. You sit side by side and can snuggle and kiss all day! Also, the are going to 7day a week visits and 8am to 8pm at night. That is crazy!! I can't wait for a visit this year! 12 hrs three days in a row! (I'm out of state so my visits are three days in a row)

When GOD is the only one left standing...It's then you realize GOD is all you need!

Gracie
Old 01-09-2012, 08:25 PM

my bf is currently at crc this is his thrid time in prison his parent institution has been north central each time so do you think this effects him like could they send him some where else?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggyB View Post
Agree! My son is tan pants and just wants to quietly finish up his last year so he can get back to having a life. I don't know if this is any thing more than a rumor going around (which there always seem to be more than enough of!) But sometimes they turn out to be true. I was just wondering what any one else had heard about this (if any thing at all).
Maggy, where is your son at ?