Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
HisLove

Default Husband transferred

So I just found out that my husband was being transferred today. He said he'd be going to Calipat but who knows. I'm waiting for that to show online cuz as of now his location has not been updated. Now I'm really worried cuz Idk what to expect. When will I get a call? When will I get a letter? Can someone help me out on what to do now. When can I send a package? What will visiting be like? Should I put money on his books? My mind is racing.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 03:30 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,881 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels5 View Post
So I just found out that my husband was being transferred today. He said he'd be going to Calipat but who knows. I'm waiting for that to show online cuz as of now his location has not been updated. Now I'm really worried cuz Idk what to expect. When will I get a call? When will I get a letter? Can someone help me out on what to do now. When can I send a package? What will visiting be like? Should I put money on his books? My mind is racing.
Hey Mel,

More of a California issue, but I'll answer here.

Usually takes 48-72 hours for the new location to show up on the California locator.

Could be up to 10 days before he's able to call. They go through an "orientation" period during transfer. However, once he's through that, he'll be able to call and, if you have already been approved for contact visits, you can go visit him. Not sure about Calipat's specific visiting but I can tell you it sure beats behind glass.

Putting money on his books might not be a bad idea as it will allow him to shop ASAP for any necessities he might need (I assume he was able to bring hygienes and such, but I just don't know.)

As soon as he shows up in the system, you should be able to order him a quarterly package for the second quarter if you want to do that. He should now be eligible to receive it, assuming there haven't been any disciplinary issues.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-17-2018), Mels5 (04-17-2018), miamac (04-17-2018), Mz_Morena (04-30-2018), Sarianna (04-18-2018), sidewalker (04-18-2018), xolady (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,015 Times in 6,845 Posts

Wait til you see him pop up on the locator before you do anything.

IF it's Calipat-- their orientation is roughly 10 days, but can be shorter. He may be able to call before he can get visits, but provided there are no issues you should be able to visit the second weekend he's there. But wait for him to call before you make the drive.

Visiting there is good, dress conservatively, make sure your pants are not hugging your behind. It's HOT there. I mean hot and smelly. The dairy farms are just around the corner and on a bad day you'll hold your nose from processing to visiting room. They also do a lineup on the road, so if your appointment is at 8, you'll want to be in the car lineup by 7:15-7:30. Don't count on the change machine being stocked, bring all your money in 1s and quarters. Visitors there are helpful and will get you in the right place by the right time.

Packages can be ordered as soon as he's in his assigned cell. This quarter runs through June.

Mail is going to be up to him. He can get materials as soon as he gets there.

Right now you don't do anything but wait for him to show up on the locator. As MissingDee said, it can take a few days. Once you know for sure where he is, post your questions in that facility thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-17-2018), Mels5 (04-17-2018), Sarianna (04-18-2018), sidewalker (04-18-2018), xolady (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:01 PM
HisLove

Thank you guy's . Is there a specific website that I order the quarterly package or put money on his book's from? I was approved for the visits in reception but those are non contact does that mean I have to apply for contact visits?
Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Your approval for visits should follow him to the new prison. But it never hurts to call the visiting office and make sure before making the drive. Especially if bringing the baby in this heat.

Packages can be ordered through any approved vendor listed here. I've used Access and Union Supply and haven't had issues with either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (04-17-2018), sidewalker (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:26 PM
HisLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Your approval for visits should follow him to the new prison. But it never hurts to call the visiting office and make sure before making the drive. Especially if bringing the baby in this heat.

Packages can be ordered through any approved vendor listed here. I've used Access and Union Supply and haven't had issues with either.
Thank you I just found out he's at Calipat so I'm going to try to send him a quarterly package now.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Thank you I just found out he's at Calipat so I'm going to try to send him a quarterly package now.
It will ask for his housing-- yard and cell number. You might want to wait until you have that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (04-17-2018), sidewalker (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 05:08 PM
HisLove

Quote:
It will ask for his housing-- yard and cell number. You might want to wait until you have that.
Okay will that pop up online also or do I have to call and ask for that?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,299 Times in 14,284 Posts

be patient! lol
no need to rush all helter skelter.
Wait till he calls. You have til june to order on this quarter's packages.

NO need to reapply for visits if you were already approved while he was in reception.
Contact visits ARE so much better. You can actually hear them. lol. (we didnt even have phones at sq. More like vents, which were very hard to hear from, and at a difficult height)

Guessing you have the phone situation handled? Yes? Not sure how they go about it now as I had a home phone and he just called me collect (ATT)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
ALWAYS HERE 4 M (04-18-2018), Mels5 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
You should proably wait until you speak with him to so youcan discuss what he needs before you order a package. No need to rush around getting it all done. I would make sure to add money to your phone so when he does call you are ready for that. Good luck doll

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 AM
HisLove

Thanks you guy's! You guy's are right I should wait for his phone call first. Anyone know if the calls will be with GTL?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:06 AM
HisLove

I wanted to see how much the thing's cost but it's saying he's not able to receive packages at this time even tho he's popped up on the cdcr website. Does he have to mail it to me?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Thanks you guy's! You guy's are right I should wait for his phone call first. Anyone know if the calls will be with GTL?
They will be with GTL. If you already have an account with them, you're good to go. The price of your calls will change, though, because he's being moved.

Quote:
I wanted to see how much the thing's cost but it's saying he's not able to receive packages at this time even tho he's popped up on the cdcr website. Does he have to mail it to me?
He may not have that privilege released to him yet. If he hasn't been assigned housing, he can't get a package. He's technically in a holding pattern right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 12:25 PM
HisLove

Quote:
They will be with GTL. If you already have an account with them, you're good to go. The price of your calls will change, though, because he's being moved.

He may not have that privilege released to him yet. If he hasn't been assigned housing, he can't get a package. He's technically in a holding pattern right now.
I called and they gave me his housing information maybe I have to wait for the orientation period to be over. All I can do is wait now
The Following User Says Thank You to Mels5 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 05:58 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,299 Times in 14,284 Posts

** All I can do is wait now**

Yep. And write! You can write. (be forewarned.....in coming mail is slow slow slow.)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (04-19-2018), Sarianna (04-19-2018)