Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Maryland prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Question length of phone time allowed???

My man is currently at MCI-H (hagerstown) and he tells me he can only call every other day and only for 30 minutes at a time. But sometimes we get to talk an hour. Its very suscpicious to me that he phone time changes and he's geting extra time other than everyone else. Althought he did tell me he trades commissary wiht others to use the phone. But the time length throws up a red flag because I'm always curious to who else he can be calling!!!But if you know someone there how long usually do they get to talk or they schedule they call
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
nothing can come between

my hubby is there, and he gets to call everyday, but that is during the day, at night i think it depends on a phone list, or how many ppl needs to use the phone...cuz he doesn't get to call every night, but he normally calls me during the day anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelcherished For This Useful Post:
templart (10-09-2008)
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Depending on what tier he is on, how many men actually use the phone, and of course the time of day... it all varies... however, the clips are only thirty minutes long, and usually someone else has to use the phone. Don't be suspicious because it is definitely like that..... especially when you are newer to the jail
Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 AM
nothing can come between

yeah, that is what i was trying to say lol...don't be suspicious!! sometimes you can hear the c.o.'s yelling at them that their time is up cuz it's other ppl's time for the phone, i know at night they (at least my hubby's tier) do go by a list...so he only gets to call when it's his side's night or his night, however they do it...i wouldn't get upset, someplaces like (rci) are worse!!! they could only call every 4th or 5th night!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcherished View Post
yeah, that is what i was trying to say lol...don't be suspicious!! sometimes you can hear the c.o.'s yelling at them that their time is up cuz it's other ppl's time for the phone, i know at night they (at least my hubby's tier) do go by a list...so he only gets to call when it's his side's night or his night, however they do it...i wouldn't get upset, someplaces like (rci) are worse!!! they could only call every 4th or 5th night!

Yeah maybe I am overreacting, but I'm just jealous that he might be calling someone else but he does normally call every other day and sometimes in between plus he is somewhat new to MCIH, he has been there about 2 months now...Thanks.

Oh yeah I'll be driving to visit him next week are they real strict on the dress code, I already went on the website to see the regulations, It will be my first time visiting a prison and I'm driving from georgia!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:53 PM
nothing can come between

i think they go by the book, i saw a couple people one time that had to change shirts because of being too revealing...other than that i haven't really noticed. but i wouldn't take ANY chances and bring a change of clothes just in case, also two times thru the metal detector and no visit, so no underwires, jewelry (u can take off,and put back on), belts with metal, etc. just to be on the safe side!!!