Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,417 Times in 588 Posts
Default 2009 CA Fire Camp Carpool/Rideshare Notices (ONLY)

If you are trying to find a ride or if you have an empty seat and want company and/or help with costs, post in this thread.... Please include the following information -

Whether you have a vehicle or need a lift - If you need a lift, are you able to share the driving? (If you let someone else drive your car, there's nothing at all rude about asking to SEE their driver's license)

What Camp you are going to
What area you're coming from (preferably at least the County)

When you usually head out, and how long you generally stay - For example, if you drive all night and go directly to the camp, or if you arrive Friday night and get a room.

Do you travel with children?

Are you a smoker or is it really important to you that your carpool pal NOT smoke?

Most other details should probably be exchanged via private message.

Here's an example:

Ride needed from Los Angeles area to Antelope Fire Camp
Licensed driver.
Can share gas costs, and maybe a room?
Prefer to go on Friday and stay until after Sunday visiting.

Or

I drive from Orange County 2 times a month to Delta Fire Camp
Would like to share the driving and gas costs.
Sorry, I can't accommodate children.
I smoke and play the stereo loud.
Usually leave after lunch on Friday and head back right after Sunday Visits.

Please do not post replies in this thread, JUST your Carpool Information
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Smile Ride Needed to Jamestown, Ca.

My Man is at Jamestown #30 fire camp.

I have not seen him for months.

I have a valid licence, full car insurance, and will help pay for gas, room, etc....

I live in the San Fernando Valley but will drive to where you live to leave from there if it is not too far from me.

I have a much older car and it would not make the trip.

I am free to go up any time. The more often the better.

Please let me know if you want to go up soon.

I want to go every weekend if i can find rides up there.

Thank You,
Lori Siebers
Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM

Default Washington Ridge Fire Camp

Hello Ladies;

My guy is at Washington Ridge in Neveda City, California......I would like to go up Valentine's Day weekend if possible, but if not we can go another day.....

I have insurance, as well as a valid D.L. and I would like for you too have one also so you can help with the driving just in case I get tired.....

I would like to split gas for the Saturday visit....however, if we stay until Sunday we could split the room as well.....

I would like to go with someone who has gone before, but if you are a first timer like I am no problem we can still go....

I live in the Antelope Valley area (Palmdale/Lancaster)...so I would like to pick someone up in route opposed to driving out the way....however, if you stay in the Valley or City you can always drive up to me and then we can take my car or yours....which ever is best on gas....

Have a good week....
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 PM

I have an insured car but no license. My man is at camp georgetown in california. Whoever mite need help getting there but has no ride but has a license we can carpool
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
anita-n-greg

Hi i live in so ca and my boyfriend is up at angels camp, and i havent been able to see him in 11 months, he had 18 months longer to go until he comes home but i really want to go and see him, is there anyone from so ca that i could car pool with to go up there, i would help with gas and motel room, i just dont have a car that would make it up there, so help let me know if anyone could help
thank you
anita
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Account Closed

Hello ladies,im going to deadwood camp saturday or sunday i dont want to ride alone,so if anyone wants to carpool please pm me,i live in sacramento ca i have my own car,insurance and license,so if anyone would like to share costof gas,room please pm me,i know its a short notice ...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 PM

I want to go to Delta soon...looking for someone else who like to car pool, we can rent a car or something...its never too late to respond to this, my man will be there unitil December!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Hey Ladies,
I'm headding up to Parlin Fork this weekend from the IE area. I'll be leaving friday morning around 9 or 10, and I can pick you up if needed. PM me if you wanna come with!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Hi everyone! I am heading out to Parlin Fork next Friday (May 29th) from Santa Monica around noon. I have room for 3-4 people in the car. Would like to share the driving and gas costs and may be even the hotel costs. Sorry, I can't accommodate children. I smoke (not excessively). I will be heading back right after Sunday Visits. Please PM me if you’d like to carpool.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM

anyone out there with a man at eel river???? pm me if you are interested in carpooling. I have a car, license, and i smoke. let me know.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Hey, I am considering visiting my hubby............we will be going thru a divorce but trying to keep a friendship anyways, I recently got a dui so my D.L. is suspended. He is at mt gleason and I am in Northern san diego. If I could catch a ride with someone, Id pay half gas and all..................................

Old 07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
two souls, one heart

Question help need to see husband in devil's garden alturas

hello. I havent seen my husband in 2 years !!! i been aproved but I dont have a car to go see him, he cant get visits inless there is a car there. is anyone going to visit anyone there this weekend or any weekend that i can catch a ride there? i can get to alturas but not to the camp. please help!!!! you can call me at (Removed per PTO policy) ex if you are going this weekend...it is the first time i can be up there. thanks
sara

Last edited by LeBeau; 07-12-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Anyone have a man in klamath?I havent seen my fiancee in six months...Ill pay half or whatever works i'm very laid back and nice.Take care ttyl.pm me if u need more info
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 AM

Exclamation Anyone wanting to carpool???????

HELLO MY NAME IS ANGIE, AND MY HUSBAND IS AT THE TRINITY RIVER FIRE CAMP IN LEWISTON, CA. I WAS HOPING TO MEET SOME PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME IN CARPOOLING TO HELP WITH COST. I AM GOING THE FIRST WEEKEND IN SEPTEMBER. IF YOU OR YOU KNOW ANYONE WHOS LOVED ONE IS AT THE TRINITY RIVER FIRE CAMP PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE.

THANK YOU!!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Real Love!

Hey, ladies I'm heading up to salt creek camp this weekend October 3rd and would like to visit both days, if I find someone to carpool with. If anyone is interested please private message me as soon as possible and we could make arrangements. I live in fresno so anyone along the way would be ok. Thanks !

My Love My Life Driz!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Account Closed

Hello ladies Im going to Parlin Fort October,24 or 25 I was trying to see if anyone want to share the cost please pm me if interested
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Hey ladies it tyila...i wanna go to prado conservation camp in chino california next month...im in moreno valley and im willing to share costs for sat and sunday i ususally stay the whole six hours i dont have a license...but i do have money...so holla at meeh via private message...thanxz...
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Default looking for someone who going to washington ridge cali

inbetween cars wondering if any one is visiting someone in washington ridge camp in nevada city ca i live in merced ca i will share cost please hit me up
<imtemeculag border="0" src="<A href="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;127/st/20060712/e/DAVID+COMES+HOME/dt/-3/k/e761/event.png"></a">http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;127/st/20060712/e/DAVID+COMES+HOME/dt/-3/k/e761/event.png"></a>
Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM

looking to see if anyone goes to washington ridge camp i will share costs hit me up
<imtemeculag border="0" src="<A href="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;127/st/20060712/e/DAVID+COMES+HOME/dt/-3/k/e761/event.png"></a">http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;127/st/20060712/e/DAVID+COMES+HOME/dt/-3/k/e761/event.png"></a>
Old 12-15-2009, 01:24 AM

Post Wifey in 90043 who drives to Delta Camp 94585

Hello all..I have had this but don't really know how to use it. Maybe I just don't have the time because I am sure its not that hard. I don't know what Im suppose to be saying. I am living in 90043 zipcode and my husband is at Delta Camp in Suisun City. I have driven up North to visit him and its not that bad of a drive. I normally will leave on Friday and then I will see him on Saturday and Sunday from 9a-2:45pm when they kick us out. I don't get there one minute pass 9am. I want ALL my time. If you have a love one and want to roll up sometime let me know. We can split the cost of gas, room, rental, and driving if need be. I am going for a Family Visit next month but after that I am open to dates. More then likely if you are trying to go I am down to go too.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT ROSE View Post
If you are trying to find a ride or if you have an empty seat and want company and/or help with costs, post in this thread.... Please include the following information -

Whether you have a vehicle or need a lift - If you need a lift, are you able to share the driving? (If you let someone else drive your car, there's nothing at all rude about asking to SEE their driver's license)

What Camp you are going to
What area you're coming from (preferably at least the County)

When you usually head out, and how long you generally stay - For example, if you drive all night and go directly to the camp, or if you arrive Friday night and get a room.

Do you travel with children?

Are you a smoker or is it really important to you that your carpool pal NOT smoke?

Most other details should probably be exchanged via private message.

Here's an example:

Ride needed from Los Angeles area to Antelope Fire Camp
Licensed driver.
Can share gas costs, and maybe a room?
Prefer to go on Friday and stay until after Sunday visiting.

Or

I drive from Orange County 2 times a month to Delta Fire Camp
Would like to share the driving and gas costs.
Sorry, I can't accommodate children.
I smoke and play the stereo loud.
Usually leave after lunch on Friday and head back right after Sunday Visits.

Please do not post replies in this thread, JUST your Carpool Information
I have a car that I have driven to see my husband in Suisun City at Delta Camp on Lambie Road. I will drive my car but I rather get a rental. It all depends on my money situation at the time. If I drive my car. I want the rider to pay for gas going and coming. IF we get a rental car. I want us to split the cost half way down the middle. Upon meeting with the rider I need the rental money, room money, and gas money up front. If I am the rider let me know what you want. I don't mind driving at all but don't have to either. I have been f'd over in the past and don't want it to happen again and thats why I want the money upfront. I don't mind someone else driving my car who is LICENSED and at least 25 years old.

I am coming from Los Angeles which is of course Los Angeles County and my zipcode is 90043. When I head out I usually leave on Friday (time is open) get a room and wake up in enough time to be at the Delta Camp by 8:45am (doors open at 9am) I never and will not leave 1 minute before 2:45pm and thats because they announce visit to be over. I am open to leave Saturday morning as long as we are at the gates by 8:45am. So that means heading out at 2:45am. Sunday when I go see him I pack my stuff up and leave headed for home right after visit. I gas up and drive out about 3pm.

I normally don't tavel with children, just because. No reason at all. I don't mind your child coming as long as we are not stopping for food and bathroom every hour. I also play my music loud and its normally hip hop, gangsta shit, r&b and oldies. You are more then welcome to bring your music that you like and we can play it loud too. If your kids come I don't want to hear disney music on the way and I will still play my music that I like. If you dont care then I don't either.

I DO NOT smoke but cant control you. I don't mind it but it you have to smoke every hour then I will pass. If you have to smoke just be thoughtful and roll down the windows because I don't want to get a headache o second smoke for that matter (smile). If you smoke and need a smoking room, I guess I can deal with it. If you can go outside and smoke so we can have a non smoking room thats even better.

I have been told I cuss alot for a lady but oh fckn well Im grown; get over it. Just kidding (smile) I am nice but I do cuss often.

Well, this is all new for me and I hope I get the hang of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.....Hope to hear from you soon.
Closed Thread